Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Learn Issue - Holley HP

Default No Learn Issue - Holley HP

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Holley HP set up for my 93 Mustang turbo and I am having "learning" issues...bear with me due to I am a newbie to this system...so how do I get the system to learn? I let the system learn the idle, but how do I get the system to learn while driving when the AFR goes lean while driving around? does this thing need to have a WOT pull to learn? I'm concerned about the lean condition and do not want to burn a piston or damage my engine.

I have a 331 SBF (Dart SHP) TC78 turbo, 80lb injectors, TF170 heads, complete Aeromotive A1000 fuel system, custom FTI cam, running 93 octane.

Please help....

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gmslayer View Post
    I let the system learn the idle, but how do I get the system to learn while driving when the AFR goes lean while driving around? Does this thing need to have a WOT pull to learn?
    No, it Learns at all RPM, provided the Learn Parameters are programmed as such.
    Is the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % or A/F Ratio Offset still active? These must be at 100% & zero to enter Learn mode.
    You may need to reconfigure these tables if you're running the engine colder than what the base calibration specifies.

Closed Loop & Learning isn't active during periods of acceleration enrichment or deceleration (zero TPS, 400 RPM above target idle).
    The engine needs to be at "steady-state" RPM for the Learning to function, at lower RPM.
    The Closed Loop Status has many momentary periods when it's inactive (Open Loop mode).
    This is normal due to the TPS & MAP based acceleration enrichment (transient fueling).
    Also, any "noise" on the TPS or MAP signal wire (false Rate of Change) will deactivate Closed Loop.
    https://www.holley.com/document/tech...__statuses.pdf (Sensor Diagnostics & Statuses)

Also, which software & firmware versions are you using?
    Software: click "Help" (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware:
    click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Danny,

Thanks for the info, I will check the setup tonight...one more question here. Should the learn percentage (it can be from 1% to 999%) be set to 150 or should it be set to a higher number?

Thanks!

Should the learn percentage (it can be from 1% to 999%) be set to 150 or should it be set to a higher number?
    150% is fine.
    You may want to datalog this occurrence, and see if it reveals the problem.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

My coolant temp enrichment is set to "100" and my a/f ratio off set is set at "0" in the temp scales in the program. I do have a data log of the issue...can you review it and let me know what you think?

I do have a data log of the issue...can you review it and let me know what you think?
    Yes, send me your Global Folder and the datalog. You can email your current Global Folder and datalogs to other forum members. Click on their username, "View Profile" & "Download vCard" for their email address. When emailing a Global Folder or datalog, use your email's 'attachment utility' function and Browse through your computer's "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI" & "Global Folders" or "Datalogs". Then right click on your Global Folder and Send To "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Then select the zipped folder and attach it to the email. Datalogs aren't required to be "zipped"; simply select & attach it to the email. The recipient now has your entire GF or datalog in one easy step. It's zipped from email, so download it to your Desktop (or wherever your PC saves it to), and unzip it. Then "Cut & Paste" the Global Folder into "Holley" "HEFI" "Global Folders" directory (located in Documents).

Which software & firmware versions are you using?
    Software: click "Help" (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware:
    click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp#FuelInjection

Email sent.

Email sent.
    I reviewed your Global Folder (engine file) and noticed your "Base Fuel Learn Enabled" parameter is not check marked.
    However, your data log indicates the Learning was in fact, learning (intermittently). So you didn't send me your latest GF.

Upon a second investigation, I noticed the Learning isn't working, because you have many repeated "RPM Errors", causing repeated ECU "syncing".
    What does your ignition system consist of?
    Are you still running sequential injection?
    Something is transmitting a faulty RPM signal.
    This must be rectified, before continuing your tuning.

It's an MSD 6AL2 with a Blaster coil and Moroso 10.4 wires. Yes, still with the sequential injection. Any ideas other than possibly a faulty ignition box?

It's an MSD 6AL2 with a Blaster coil and Moroso 10.4 wires. Yes, still with the sequential injection. Any ideas other than possibly a faulty ignition box?
    Which distributor? Ford TFI?
    It's not the ignition box. It's before the ECU, meaning the distributor.
    The distributor transmits the RPM signal to the ECU.
    Look at the "Ignition Signal Flow Chart" on pages 18 & 20 of the Holley EFI Wiring Manual:
    https://www.holley.com/document/tech...10555rev16.pdf
    (The "Ignition Signal Flow Chart" applies to all ignition applications.)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast