Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD enhancer for Yamaha 701 NO SPARK

gilligan Guest

Default MSD enhancer for Yamaha 701 NO SPARK

Every time I let off of the start button there is spark, but not while cranking.
    I would like some help with this.

What points does the jumper wire connect at?

Thanks

We ran into this a few times and what we have found is there is a ground problem. What we recommend is check all of your wiring and make sure your grounds are clean and there is not any corrosion.

Thank you

gilligan Guest

I will do. Is there anyway you can look up a RMA number for me to see what was done to the unit when it was there?

I had the same problem at that time. I am going to try and put it in my other ski.

Thanks

gilligan Guest

Not only have I cleaned all of the grounds, I have also installed it on two other skis. One already having the enhancer installed on it. I have had the same outcome with all three skis. I have double and triple checked my installation.

What do I have to do to get a new unit? I now have over fifteen hours into a defective unit.

gilligan Guest

anyone?

I would like to see what my 200.00 can do for me other than a paper weight.

Can you please let us know when you purchased the unit and from who? Can you also give us your RMA number so we can look into it.

Thank you

gilligan Guest

I purchased it last june 23rd from my local dealer (Mid America Powersports).
    I had installed it and had the same exact problem. I called and got a RMA number to send it back. It had shipped out on the 6th of July. I assume from the paper work it was shipped out to me around the 26th of july.

I sent it in the box with the hardware and instructions. Received from MSD with only the enhacer.

I have not had 1 second of run time on this. It had sat in the box since I recieved it from MSD.

My RMA number is 6730

gilligan Guest

Have you had a chance to look up the RMA number?

Thanks

gilligan Guest

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

gilligan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msdpowersports1
    Can you please let us know when you purchased the unit and from who? Can you also give us your RMA number so we can look into it.

Thank you

Can you please let me know something about my situation?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast