Thread: Shift light problem can someone please help???? PLEASE

Al DePiano Guest

Unhappy Shift light problem can someone please help???? PLEASE

Hello PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    I have an MSD nornal shift light that was working perfectly. I didn't touch any wiring and when I went to start it as usual that shift light went on and then off.
    The light then came on and stayed on. The bike still starts and runs fine it is connected through a dyna 400 setup. I'm lost and have no idea what caused this.
    Can someone please help me I need this light as I dont use a tach at all just the light on a 8 second bike I can't afford to miss a shift or it will cost me a motor.
    Now the light is blinking like a timming light if I lower the idle the shift light flickers or blinks like a timming light. Last night it would not go out even if the bike was not running. This is getting more confussing... Can anyone help figure this one out?

Thanks...
    AL De

The only thing it could be is the shift light is not working properly or the Dyna 400 is sending the wrong rpm signal to the shift light. The first thing is to check the wiring and if that is correct you can always wire the shift light up to the coil to see if it is working correctly. You can download the instruction for your shift light at www.msdpowersports.com.

Thank you