Thread: Does 24V system work on 12V?

Volvoman Guest

Default Does 24V system work on 12V?

Hi,

I got MSD ignition components which are used in three cylinder engine with 24V electrical system. I have two 7AL-2's, one programmable timing computer and one adjustable timing control, all operating with 24 Volts. Will they work properly with 12 volts?

It is not recommended to run anything higher then 18 volts.

Thank you

Volvoman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msdpowersports1
    It is not recommended to run anything higher then 18 volts.

Thank you
    The components that I have are custom made for 24V by MSD. At least all the components have 24V stickers on them and now I'm wondering can I use them in my car which has 12V system.