Thread: DS-650

MasterBomB Guest

Default Bombardier DS650 MSD pn4205

I have purchase this and I was later told that my tach would not work after install. The early Tachs have a glass lens and funtion fine but the new DS650 tach's have a plastic lense and these do not. ( so I was told). I was told the new tach's dont support square wave?? Is there an adapter I can buy to allow my tach to work with this MSD ignition? 2006 DS650x Baja

MasterBomB Guest

Default Negitive side

Looking at my schmatic the tack has 3 wires b+, gnd, and the 3rd wire connects to the negitive side of one of the 2 coils. it is a single cyl. with 2 coils and 2 plugs.

MasterBomB Guest

Default Anyone?

Any help would be appriciated

The signal that is produced by the MSD DS650 Ignition is a 12 volt square wave. Most aftermarket tach’s can be adjusted to work. I know on some of the tachs that came on the DS 650’s are nonadjustable. If your tach is nonadjustable an aftermarket tach will be needed.

Thank you

MasterBomB Guest

Default Thats what I was afraid of

My tach is non- adjustable Oh well