Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Connectors & Terminals - Holley EFI

Sorry for the late response Danny, I've had little time to research what I needed.

I was assuming (and still am) that the connector pins that I quoted, will work in the P1B connector "The P1B connector plug is Tyco 3-1437290-7. (Avenger, HP, Dominator ECUs)". If I'm not mistaken, then I just need a few pins since I have the 558-104 harness. The plan is to tap into the B20 spot for that +12V power source for the cam sync & crank trigger, as it has a white plug in place. Also I wouldn't mind having a few extra pins, just in case I screw up a crimp or the wrong wire, etc. With that being said, I take it that you're suggesting that the kit you referenced, will supply me with the pins that I may need for the P1B, and include connectors to protect the other Terminals? I'm about to attempt to wire up harness 558-307 which should tie up all P1B pins, except the B20 pin. BTW, thanks for the help as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
    I was assuming (and still am) that the connector pins that I quoted, will work in the P1B connector "The P1B connector plug is Tyco 3-1437290-7. (Avenger, HP, Dominator ECUs)".
    Yes, all the ECU connectors use the same mating terminals.

If I'm not mistaken, then I just need a few pins since I have the 558-104 harness.
    Yes, I realize that's all you need, but you should protect all the other unused ECU connectors/pin terminals.

With that being said, I take it that you're suggesting that the kit you referenced, will supply me with the pins that I may need for the P1B, and include connectors to protect the other Terminals?
    Yes, of course. The Dominator ECU is $2000, I wouldn't want to leave those ECU connectors/terminals exposed (potential damage).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yes, all the ECU connectors use the same mating terminals.
    Yes, I realize that's all you need, but you should protect all the other unused ECU connectors/pin terminals.
    Yes, of course. The Dominator ECU is $2000, I wouldn't want to leave those ECU connectors/terminals exposed (potential damage).
    Thanks a ton Danny. Sorry for the redundancy. I'm going to order the kit. You're the man!

If anyone wants the weatherproof fuel pump relay in the main harness (since Holley puts a regular non-weather resistant relay in the socket), you can use a BWD R3112 - readily available at O'Reilly Auto Parts: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...yword=25530731
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

How bad would it be to extend the LS1 harness with male/female connectors? Basically making an extension harness. Will that affect the readings? Will I need some shielded wire for the crank & cam sensors? And do they even make the female plugs?

You can extend them with just about any connector you want, or you can use solder & heat shrink. Just make sure you use a twisted pair with a shield.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

I'm trying to keep the factory connectors and not hack up the harness I paid $360 for. LOL. I have some bulkhead fittings I can use, but I was more so looking to see if I could find the pinned plug like is potted in the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreen94z View Post
    ...I was more so looking to see if I could find the pinned plug like is potted in the ECU.
    Those ECU connectors are only available for circuit boards. Click on the first two links in post #1 of this thread.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

That's what I was afraid of. Now do you know of any connectors that take the same pins, so I wouldn't have to cut anything off?
    Just a matter of swapping the pins from one connector to another. It wouldn't matter on the pin count to have more than I need.

And BTW, on behalf of myself & everyone else on here, thank you so much for all you have put into getting these things together, and answering all of our questions.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreen94z View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. Now do you know of any connectors that take the same pins, so I wouldn't have to cut anything off?
    Not according to the terminal product webpages. Perhaps the Holley 558-105 Unterminated Universal Main Harness would suit your needs better.

And BTW, on behalf of myself & everyone else on here, thank you so much for all you have put into getting these things together, and answering all of our questions.
    Thanks for the compliment.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast