Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Connectors & Terminals - Holley EFI

Danny, thank you for the information. I contacted Mouser Electronics today and placed an order.
    The Delphi pins were all in stock, and due to the low cost, I ordered a little of all the part numbers we discussed.
    I will have my pins in three days, and start to adjust the length of my harness to my liking. I hope this will end my quest.
    Can't thank you enough for the information. Thanks for taking the time.
    SICKFOX

So I figured out how to unpin all my connectors except a few. Any help/tips on how to unpin these so I can order correct terminals would be great. Tried safety pin in spot above pushing/pulling with no luck...maybe not hard enough. Also, the coolant, IAC & IAT all this style. Where do I start to unpin these? Any help would be great. Thanks, Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by jesse92 View Post
    Tried safety pin in spot above pushing/pulling with no luck...maybe not hard enough.
    If the safety pin doesn't work for you, you'll have to purchase the specific tool. Read "NOTES" in post #1.

Also, the coolant, IAC & IAT all this style. Where do I start to unpin these? Any help would be great.
    First remove the purple key indexed PLR (Primary Lock Reinforcement). Then you'll be able to access the terminal locking tab.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks to Danny's assistance, I was able to order a few of these Metri-Pack terminals.
    I have a generic main harness that I have heavily modified. I could post some part numbers tomorrow if it helps your project.

As far as removing the terminal from the cavity, there are small tools that look like a pocket screwdriver.
    I think there are two different sizes available. Once you remove one and study the way it works, it's very easy to work with .
    SICKFOX

This thread is very, very helpful! Thanks you guys. Justin Ward

6. Default

Ordered pins and extra P1A & P1B connectors from Mouser Electronics; they came fast. I followed your advice, and only ordered pins for 16-18 AWG wire, and will double up (fold) the thin ones in the connector. Mouser was out of the 20-22 AWG wire pins anyway.

'59 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup 3" lift (1" body all around, 2" rear suspension) & dual sway bars
    357ci SBC, Vortec heads, 214°/224° @ 0.050 cam/under .050" lift/112° LSA & roller rockers
    2.5" ram horn manifolds, dual 2.25" pipes, H-pipe behind trans, 14" Flowmaster mufflers
    Power steering, tilt column, power disc brakes up front, A/C (Vintage Air kit pending)
    700R4 transmission, 2200 stall, 3.42 limited-slip rear end & 31.5" tires

I've ordered those from Mouser as well. If you look carefully at the pins,
    you can select a roll which has a hundred or more, or in single units.
    EDIT: Well, I thought I bought mine from Mouser, turns out it was HERE.

I'm building a couple custom harnesses for some Gen III Hemi engines. Does anyone know the part numbers for the early AND late cam, crank, and coil connectors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mlewi008; 03-18-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mlewi008 View Post
    ...Gen III Hemi engines. Does anyone know the part numbers for the early AND late cam, crank, and coil connectors?
    I don't recognize those sockets, they may be OEM Chrysler connectors. Try RockAuto.com ("Electrical-Connector").
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
    Hey guys, where do I get these without ordering a boatload? I just need a few...well, just one at the moment really.
    Since you have the Dominator ECU, you really should purchase the kit below, to protect the exposed ECU pin terminals.

Dominator ECU Connector Plug Kit:
    Holley 558-408 P2A, P2B, P3, P4 Connector & Pin Kit:

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast