Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ECU Connectors & Terminals - Holley EFI

Google Delphi Metri-Pack 150 connector terminals, and click "Videos".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP9Z3A72e3s (YouTube Video)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

I'm looking to add the pins on the J1B for the coils. I need the crimping tool for these pins. Do you have a P/N for the tool to crimp these? Thanks.

It's listed in post #1 of this forum thread, under "NOTES":
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11022.pdf (Holley EFI 567-100 ECU Connector Terminal Crimper)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

I'm trying to release the lock on the ECU plug so I can repair a broken wire on the P1B connector. For some reason I can't get it release (the large white tab). Do you have a larger pic, so I can see the plug better and any info that would help me out? Also, how far is that suppose to move? I can't seem to get it to move. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    For some reason I can't get it release (the large white tab).
    Push the single wide white tab to release the lock (on all terminals), and push the two narrow white tabs to re-secure.

Do you have a larger pic, so I can see the plug better and any info that would help me out?
    No.

Also, how far is that suppose to move? I can't seem to get it to move.
    About 3/32".

How much effort does it take to move the white tab? Thanks. I'm using a smallish flat blade screwdriver to get it to move, and I'm pushing hard enough that it's denting the plastic.
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; Yesterday at 02:39 PM.

You're pushing hard enough. I don't know what's wrong, I've done it successfully many times.

When pushing the tab, what comes apart? Do the pins just slide out, or does the center of the plug come apart? I assume the pins slide out while holding the white tab in, or can I release the tab and remove the pins? Thanks for all your help.

Danny, what's the replacement connector & pins for P1B on the HP unit? I can't get this to work, so I'll replace it. I was looking at Tyco 3-1437290-7, but all I need is the connector and the 20 pins. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    When pushing the tab, what comes apart? Do the pins just slide out, or does the center of the plug come apart? I assume the pins slide out while holding the white tab in, or can I release the tab and remove the pins?
    The white locking tab snaps down, allowing you to pull the wire/terminal out. It doesn't disassemble the connector.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10954rev2.pdf (Read "Wire Installation", Page 2)

Danny, what's the replacement connector & pins for P1B on the HP unit? I can't get this to work, so I'll replace it. I was looking at Tyco 3-1437290-7, but all I need is the connector and the 20 pins.
    All the information you need is post #1 of this thread.