Thread: 8784 Ping Control

Ken Crocie Guest

i have an old, never used, 8784 ping control that I would like to use on a conventional coil in cap chevy hei.can anyone come up with a diagram?

msdtechsupport2 Guest

The ping control will hook up to an HEI distributor however there is a harness needed to install it which is no longer available. If you would like to a schematic please provide us with fax number or mailing address and we’ll gladly send one to you.

Ken Crocie Guest

fax# 909-447-4433. Note-I (H-O Racing Specialties) used to be an MSD WD from '75 to '96. I might have the harness in the "old misc. MSD parts drawer". I still have an old"Dynamic Dynomometer",one of your earliest products.

msdtechsupport2 Guest

I'll have that diagram on its way. Hopefully you'll have the harness you need. Could it get better than that?

Ken Crocie Guest

Received Fax--Thank You
    Ken Crocie
    www.horacing.com

msdtechsupport2 Guest

No problem, glad we were able to help.

Ken Crocie Guest

Could you please resend the diagram to 909-980-1451. How quckly 5 years go by! The truck has a new Goodwrench 350 in it and I cant remember (oldtimers disease ) the diagram. Thanks

msdtech22 Guest

Check your fax machine.

I need the same wiring diagram for plug the ping control in a HEI Ignition. Anyone can send for me in my e-mail? Littleclash@hotmail.com. Thanks for the help!

How about posting the diagram on here so we can all see it. There's no secrets here, is there? Gary
    Regards, Gary