Thread: Pro-Jection 502-20S misinformation (MAP sensor)?

skimask Guest

Default Pro-Jection 502-20S misinformation (MAP sensor)?

Looking at the Summit Racing web site...and there's others out there with the same information:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-502-20S/

Site states in the description for the 502-20S model TBI units that it includes a MAP sensor.
    Where is said MAP sensor? I don't see it in the pictures, I don't see it referenced in the online installation manual (PDF).
    Are those sites all wrong? Is the Holley documentation wrong? Am I wrong? JDG

The 502-20S does not utilize a MAP sensor. Not sure where Summit got the info from or if it was just an assumption.

1972 Rally Nova
    1972 C-10 Short Step
    1970 Rally Sport Camaro
    1986 Chevy Silverado K10
    2009 F150 Lariat

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
    The 502-20S does not utilize a MAP sensor. Not sure where Summit got the info from or if it was just an assumption.
    So, the 502-20S is a speed-throttle (Alpha-N?) system vs. a Speed-Density system?
    And as far as Summit's information, from the looks of it, a bunch of other 'speed shop' websites have the same information...all of it bad.
    The 502-20S is out for me... Can I assume that the Commander does actually use a MAP sensor in it's calculations?

Yes, the Commander 950 is a true Speed-Density EFI system (MAP sensor included) and I highly recommend it over the 502-20S Alpha-N system.
    However, if you're not a proficient EFI tuner and you're looking for a self-tuning system (no laptop required), I suggest the new Holley Avenger EFI.
    http://www.holley.com/division/Holleyefi.asp#95
    http://www.holley.com/HolleyEFICatalog/
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 04-25-2010 at 06:57 AM.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.