Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Installing a VSS Sensor with Holley EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Cheaper than the VSS sensor itself.
    My Auto Meter VSS works perfect for the ECU, Digital Dash, Datalogging & I/O.
    http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh....php?t=1851986 (Related Forum Post)

Can I datalog the speed with that one?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4793#post74793 (Read "NOTE" at bottom of page.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Thanks Danny. What does "locally datalog" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Thanks Danny. What does "locally datalog" mean?
    That means datalogs recorded with the Digital Dash, as opposed to the ECU or laptop.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I found this for a great way to adapt to a C4 or manual transmission to use the Auto Meter signal generator. Hope this helps someone out.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cin-sn17/overview/
    http://shop.classicinstruments.com/sn17

Yes, that will adapt to the older style threaded speedometer cable/Auto Meter 5291 VSS.
    If you have the newer style plug-in speedometer drive cable, Auto Meter sells it as one piece:
    http://www.autometer.com/hall-effect...d-plug-in.html (Auto Meter 5292 Ford VSS)

I have a HP ECU and just installed the Holley 556-106 Digital Dash. I have a digital speed sensor that displays correctly on the laptop gauges, but won't display on the Digital Dash at all. Do I need the 554-140 GPS sensor? Or is there a way to configure with my existing components?

Quote Originally Posted by BobSki View Post
    Do I need the 554-140 GPS sensor?
    No.

Or is there a way to configure with my existing components?
    You just don't have it programmed correctly. Ensure you've selected the correct data channel ("Value To Monitor") for the gauge. Scroll down toward the end of the list for your custom I/O. Example: Don't select "Speed" (which is from the Transmission ICF), if your VSS is from the custom Inputs/Outputs ICF.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - Step 3, Page 11)

Quote Originally Posted by BobSki View Post
    I have a HP ECU and just installed the Holley 556-106 Digital Dash. I have a digital speed sensor that displays correctly on the laptop gauges, but won't display on the Digital Dash at all. Do I need the 554-140 GPS sensor? Or is there a way to configure with my existing components?
    This happened to me as well. The Value To Monitor that I created for my speedo wasn't there. I ended up updating the Digital Dash and the HP EFI to the latest ECU firmware & EFI software and it was there. Danny, thanks for all your help through posts & responses on here. Helped me out a lot.

You're welcome, I'm glad you got it working.