Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Installing a VSS Sensor with Holley EFI

I'm sure I'm missing it, but where does this say it needs to be a 12 volt vs a 5 volt square wave input? What I see is this:
    “F” – Frequency or a Digital Speed Input – Designed for a digital voltage input from a speed/rotation sensor. A Hall-Effect sensor is the common sensor used. Voltage range can be 4.5 to 24 volts. With that it seems a 5V input would work. Right?

Yes, a 5V Hall-Effect speed sensor.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...=7955#post7955 (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Danny, thanks for the reply. This is my original question that maybe you could help with:
    "I can’t seem to figure out something as simple as getting a 5V square wave speed output from a US Shift Quick 4 transmission controller to work as an input for speed in the Dominator. What am I doing wrong? First, the output from the Q4 is a 5 square wave. It is the same frequency as the VSS input from the 4R currently, but can be ratioed within the Q4 software for differential final drive ratios. I know it works because it works with my Auto Meter Speedometer currently. This 5V output is wired into Pin J2-A21 and I’ve selected Digital Speed/Frequency as its function and titled "Speed Q4". In Data Monitor Setup, I’ve activated Speed Q4 and added it to my monitor display. I get no readings on the Data Display with the wheels turning. What am I missing here?"

I'd try setting it to VR speed. See what happens.

And the problem was...I had the pin in the wrong place on the connector. Moved it to J2-A21 and it worked. I'm basically using the OSS output processed to a 5VDC square wave through the Quick4. I set the Pulses Per Rotation to 24 for the 4R70W OSS output. Configured the input to Digital Speed/Frequency. Set the gear ratio to 3.27, which is what's in my differential. It all works perfectly. Sometimes you CAN fix stupid.

Thanks for closing the loop on this. Sometimes it's the little things that really get you! Andrew

Does anyone known if you can connect this Hall-Effect adapter to the Holley Dominator to servce as a speed sensor? I'm using my original 833 4-speed transmission behind my 6.1 Hemi.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...p%2F1628213431

I don't see why not. Says 12V square wave output with 16 pulses per revolution. Should work great. Andrew

Yes, the Hall-Effect sensor will work. Of course, the end user is responsible for proper fit/installation.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I've installed & Auto Meter 16 PPR wired it and everything works. But I've created and input called Speed and now I have two speed inputs one from the EFI & mine.
    How can I make the EFI to take my input as the general speed input? Regards.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast