Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission Temperature ECU Input

There isn't a custom I/O listed in the gauge choices, that is where I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousdan67 View Post
    There isn't a custom I/O listed in the gauge choices, that is where I'm confused.
    Custom I/O will appear on the list when synced to your ECU. Did you cycle the ignition key? See Step 3, page 13:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions, Page 13)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

You don't make the Custom I/O on the Digital Dash. You make the Custom I/O in the Holley EFI software.

Toolbox - Add individual config - then select the I/O Folder and the I/O ICF. Then you can create a custom setup for the sensor you are using. Once you have created a Custom Input in the I/O ICF, you can then select that input in the Digital Dash.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Toolbox - Add individual config - then select the I/O Folder and the I/O ICF. Then you can create a custom setup for the sensor you are using. Once you have created a Custom Input in the IO ICF, you can then select that input in the Digital Dash.
    He claimed he already did that (post #57), "through ECU Input A3".
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I was able to configure the ECU with my laptop and Pin Map, that was straightforward. I had it setup on Input 2 in custom I/O. In the Digital Dash there isn't any inputs available until 24, so I changed it in the ECU to #24. I created a gauge for Input 24 through Digital Dash, and it's on my screen just no value there. I'm just not sure if this was correct. Clearly, I'm missing something.

I wired it to be monitored through ECU Input A3. Can I view that in Digital Dash?
    I created a gauge for Input 24 through Digital Dash, and it's on my screen just no value there.
    ECU Input A3 is not Input #24, it's Input #2. Look at "View Inputs" in the Pin Map.
    Input #24 (Input A15) is on the J2A ECU connector; the HP ECU doesn't have J2 connectors.

I understand that is Pin Mapped as Input 2, in custom I/O. I configured the custom thermistor per your instructions under Input 24 (originally Input 2).

I'm pretty sure everything in the ECU is how it should be. That was easy or so it seemed. I just can't find on the Digital Dash how to monitor it. I see in the Data Monitor file, it's there along with my dshaft rpm. Neither one is checked.

I understand that is Pin Mapped as Input 2, in custom I/O. I configured the custom thermistor per your instructions under Input 24 (originally Input 2).
    There is no Input #24 in the HP ECU. Input #24 (Input A15) is on the J2A ECU connector; the HP ECU doesn't have J2 connectors. (I have the Dominator ECU.)

I see in the Data Monitor file, it's there along with my dshaft rpm. Neither one is checked.
    It's just not check marked because you haven't moved it onto one of the Data Monitor View Lists.

I do understand that. I know there are only 4/4 I/O in the HP. All of mine are used. Input #2 is Pin Mapped for transmission temp. In custom I/O, there are 4 Input sections. 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80. Output side has 1-20, 21-40 and so on, up to 62. I have Input #1 configured as my driveshaft speed. Input #2 was how I originally configured the custom thermistor. I moved that to Input #24, then disabled Input #2 and dragged/dropped the transmission temp to A3. I don't have an issue with Pin Mapping & setup with laptop (or so I believe), it's finding that with the Digital Dash.

This sounds like a Digital Dash firmware issue. Update the Digital Dash Firmware Version.
    Also, just verifying, what version does the Dash say it has in it now, and what version Holley EFI software are you using?
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast