Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission Temperature ECU Input

I was attempting to use the 2252 as the EFI coolant temperature sensor. Can anyone recommend a thermistor coolant sensor product that is 1/4" thread, that I can use for the EFI? Thank you Danny, your posts are incredibly helpful!

I believe the LS1 coolant temp sensor will do what you need. You can ask for a coolant temp sensor for a '99-'02 Camaro at any auto parts store. And you can use the drop down LSx CTS in the configuration for it.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    And you can use the drop down LSx CTS in the configuration for it.
    Darren, he's referring to the Sensors ICF menu in the Holley EFI software (not the Inputs/Outputs ICF).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Is the Holley 553-106 Digital Dash capable of monitoring transmission temperature. If so, what sensor could be used?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousdan67 View Post
    Is the Holley 553-106 Digital Dash capable of monitoring transmission temperature.
    Yes, it can display a transmission temperature input.

If so, what sensor could be used?
    That's what this entire thread is about. Auto Meter 2259 is an easy 1-wire sensor:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ture-ECU-Input (Transmission Temperature ECU Input)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I should've been more clear on what I was asking. I did read the whole thread, and understand I can monitor it. I actually meant can it be displayed as a gauge on the Digital Dash? I didn't see it listed in the instructions. I did see Oil Temp and assume that could be used to display as transmission temp. Is my assumption correct?

I actually meant can it be displayed as a gauge on the Digital Dash?
    Yes, you can program it as such.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions, Page 11)

I didn't see it listed in the instructions.
    Yes.
    Custom I/O will appear on the Digital Dash list when synced to your ECU. Enter the "Customize" mode (function screen).
    Read page 13, "Adding Gauges", in reference to adding a gauge to the Digital Dash. The "channel" list is Step 3, page 13.

Appendix A (Above the listed channels on page 42 & 43.)
    Below is a list of 283 values that can be monitored. Any user programmed I/O values will
    appear in the list, in addition to these once the Dash has been connected to a Holley ECU.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions)
    I did see Oil Temp and assume that could be used to display as transmission temp. Is my assumption correct?
    Yes, but it's not necessary.

Great! Thanks again, Danny. I need to replace three bad gauges, and was on the fence about going to the Digital Dash or staying with classic mechanical gauges.

Great! Thanks again, Danny.
    You're welcome.

I need to replace three bad gauges, and was on the fence about going to the Digital Dash or staying with classic mechanical gauges.
    I prefer both. S2H has a great example of this on his dashboard (LINK). It looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I prefer both. S2H has a great example of this on his dashboard (LINK). It looks really nice.
    When I have the extra time & cash, I'll be changing over to the new Holley Analog Gauges (LINK) for my Boost, Oil Pressure & Coolant Temp.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast