Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission Temperature ECU Input

Quote Originally Posted by blueovalz View Post
    Thanks Scott. I'll go forward then with the scaling on the sensor graph (received a scaling table from the sensor manufacturer yesterday).
    What I finally did was, use the GM 58x CTS graph, but use a modifier of -45ºF (reducing the sensor reading by...), which appears to mimic the gauge values pretty well from cold to normal operating temperature.
    Terry

Hey Danny, I followed your instructions and it's wired, but I'm not using a TSLCD. Is there a way to see the numerical value on my laptop without physically going into the input screen to look at the gauge?
    93 Notchback, 383ci SBF, Highports, 80mm turbo, custom cam, TH400

Quote Originally Posted by Rick90lx View Post
    Is there a way to see the numerical value on my laptop without physically going into the input screen to look at the gauge?
    Yes, you can configure the EFI software's Data Monitor (click "E") to include that custom created channel into one of the screen views.

Enter the Data Monitor/Datalogger Edit screen ("E" button at top left corner),
    and "drag & drop" the custom channels over to the Data Screen/Log View lists.
    You need to scroll to the right to select the custom created channels.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yes, you can configure the EFI software's Data Monitor (click "E") to include that custom created channel into one of the screen views.
    OK, I couldn't figure it out. I physically wired it today and went to test it, and realized that I couldn't find the information from the sensor anywhere.

OK, I couldn't figure it out. I physically wired it today and went to test it, and realized that I couldn't find the information from the sensor anywhere.
    Assuming you have added the sensor in the I/O section of your tune, and you have wired it correctly:
    In the tune itself, the lower left hand corner of your screen is a small section that contains sensor info...Click on the "E".

In a Datalog, the same letter "E" shows up in the upper left corner.

When you click that, a window will open.
    This version is what you will see in a datalog, the tune file version is just less stuff per section.
    You just drag & drop the values from the left to the tables on the right to add them into your configuration setup.

Obviously you can set this up any way you see fit for your data acquisition needs. ALL sensors are available all the time.
    So if you datalog, ALL sensors are captured, so you can pull up any sensor in any datalog, even if you don't have it immediately in one of the tables. Just add it in as you need to see it.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Thanks S2H for that very informative tutorial. I can use that post again.
    However, I think Rick90lx meant he didn't realize how, before I posted.

Anyway, just to add to S2H's tutorial:
    Enter the Data Monitor/Datalogger Edit screen ("E" button at top left corner),
    and "drag & drop" the custom channels over to the Data Screen/Log View lists.
    You need to scroll to the right to select the custom created channels.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you both, I had clicked on the "E" in the past to see what it did, but had never strayed from the settings that were pre populated. I looked last night for my custom input, and couldn't find it. After I read the posts, I went back to look, and then saw the need to scroll...definitely missed that.

After I read the posts, I went back to look, and then saw the need to scroll...definitely missed that.
    LOL! That got me once too, that's why I highlighted that step.

Hi Danny, I've tried doing the above, but with my water-to-air intercooler temperature sensor. I configured the min & max values per information from the manufacturer. Configured as thermistor and then custom coolant temperature sensor in sub category. Changed format to Celsius in reference to the 16 cell table I have, and then entered the corresponding values. But when I enter the 3rd value for resistance the previous values change. Why is this happening?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TMACK View Post
    Configured as thermistor and then custom coolant temperature sensor in sub category.
    Use "Custom Thermistor".

But when I enter the 3rd value for resistance the previous values change. Why is this happening?
    Which EFI software version are you using? Did you configure the "Sensor Min" & "Sensor Max" settings in the upper gauge area?