Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission Temperature ECU Input

I believe I'm all good on software, I have all new stuff.
    EFI Software version 553-108 3.5” TSLCD 4.0 Build 30.
    ECU Firmware version 4.0 Build 64.

The directions tell you how to add a channel to your dash, but nothing about how to add an input (that I created) to the list of channels you pick from.
    It is not automatically adding it on its own. I maybe going crazy and spending hours on something not possible with the 3.5" TSLCD.
    Maybe what I'm wanting to do is not an option on the 3.5" TSLCD. Maybe I needed the big dollar/larger screen? Steve
    Last edited by Savage; 02-26-2017 at 11:37 PM.

The 3.5" LCD Touchscreen can only display your custom created I/O on the "I/O Monitors" (Monitors, IO Monitors), not in the "Dash Setup".
    A V4 updated 3.5" LCD Touchscreen has the "I/O Monitors" to display the user's custom created I/O (Inputs/Outputs ICF - EFI laptop software).
    If you're on V4 EFI software/ECU firmware, the new "I/O Monitors" only display the first ten custom Inputs & Outputs. Not a problem for HP EFI users.
    So if those Inputs are listed beyond #10, you'll have to reconfigure some Inputs (EFI software - I/O ICF) to view them on the 3.5" LCD Touchscreen.
    I/O Monitors are a great feature. I reconfigured the numerical order of my Inputs/Outputs ICF, just so I could monitor the first ten I deemed most important.
    The 3.5" TSLCD V4 Release Notes & Installation PDF document is attached to this post - LINK.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Attachment 2051 Attachment 2052 Attachment 2053

I could only find Trans Temp in I/O screen, but was wanting to add to a dash display.
    As you can see in the pics the channels you can select from skip numbers.
    I was hoping I was missing how to add my custom I/O to the channels I can select.
    Thank you!

I explained it all in post #122 above.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes you did. Thank you. Not the answer I wanted though. LOL.
    What's up with all the numbers they skip in the channels you can pick from?
    Looks like a great space to input custom created Inputs.
    Do you know if I can accomplish my goals with the bigger Holley EFI 553-106 Digital Dash.
    Last edited by Savage; 02-27-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    What's up with all the numbers they skip in the channels you can pick from?
    Looks like a great space to input custom created Inputs.
    It's probably for a future update.

Do you know if I can accomplish my goals with the bigger Holley EFI 553-106 Digital Dash.
    Yes, of course. The Digital Dash can do so much more.

So on the Digital Dash it will show a gauge? But the older 5.7" one this is not a option? Just checking.

Yes, I have my "Trans Temp" displayed as a gauge on the Digital Dash. I no longer have the 5.7" TSLCD, so I'm not sure of it's current capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    As a test, connect a jumper wire from a good ground to the body of the sensor.
    OK, I measured the resistance with an Ohm meter. With one lead connected to the sensor body, and the other lead to the battery ground, then to the engine ground at various locations on the engine. The resistance was consistently 0.1 Ohms. The sensor thermistor resistance at ~50°F was 3720 Ohms. Would a jumper wire test still be recommended?

UPDATE: Well I guess there is no other explanation for the Auto Meter 2259 Thermistor temperature sensor reading 169°F. Other than when oil is at 230°F per Livorsi oil temp dash board gauge, it's an inaccurate configuration for engine oil temperature monitoring. The only rational I can imagine for this significant reading error is that the Auto Meter 2259 thermistor is located with in the threaded body, vs the Livorsi oil temperature sensor thermistor is located in the unthreaded probe section away from the threaded body, allowing the sensor to locate deeper within the oil flow. The Auto Meter 2259 may be in effect measuring mostly the temperature of the cast iron engine block, which is much cooler than the oil during WOT runs of less than 10 - 15 min. while the oil temperature is spiking. That still does not explain the fact that the steady state thermostatically controlled oil temperature is 190°F, and not 169°F and the latter was a temperature spike during the WOT running and dropped back down after the run.

I will end up paying for the high price Livorsi sensor (plus the Auto Meter), conducting Livorsi sensor resistance versus oil temperature test to create the calibration file for the Holley, and install the Livorsi for datalog recording oil temperature. I liked the fact that the Auto Meter 2259 did not have a long probe that would extend into the oil galley and impede flow, but I need accurate engine oil temperature.

The Auto Meter 2259, 2253 & 2252 thermistor sensors work perfectly as described in this forum thread. (As an input to the ECU, not to an actual gauge). If you have a specific manufacturer's dash gauge, then you must use their corresponding sensor to operate it. (I.E. Auto Meter sensor + Livorsi gauge = inaccuracy.)

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast