Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stumble off Idle issue and squirter question

Quote Originally Posted by wbruiser2 View Post
    The gasket under the screw top is missing.. Now the challenge of finding one begins. Thanks markw
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large1008-844.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	299
    http://www.holley.com/1008-844.asp
    (pump discharge nozzle gaskets)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post

Name:	large1008-844.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	299
    http://www.holley.com/1008-844.asp
    (pump discharge nozzle gaskets)
    Even though this may sound like a stupid question I just want to clarify these washers. I gather from the previous two reply posts here that I am suppose to have a washer on the top and bottom of the nozzle. The bottom one is easy since it's just a flat one (which I have). On top though, the screw is tapered and seats down in the nozzle and I'm wondering does the washer in this link actually go there? In every picture I've seen, the top and bottom washer look the same so I took the one that I have and put in on top just to see what it would look like and it doesn't look right. Do I put the washer in there and tighten the screw until the washer concaves to the shape of the nozzle? This is a minor detail that I haven't been able to confirm. It seems like there shouldn't be a washer there and even if it is there, what is it's purpose? Thanks.

The shooter nozzle uses the same two gaskets; one above and one below:

Name:	medium121-131v2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	301
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...ded%20View.pdf (item 71 & 73)

If you're ordering parts, might as well install the hollow nozzle screw too:

Name:	medium121-6.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	302
    http://www.holley.com/121-7.asp
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I thought I'd post a follow up on this issue (seems I forgot to)... The off idle stumble was due to the PCV being routed to the intake. That is where I was hooking up the vacuum gauge and the stumble would disappear. I put everything back together again and it would be back. It finally donned on me so then I hooked it to the PCV valve port on the front of the carb and it was gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12