Thread: Dis-4 Retard For N20

HwyStar Guest

Im thinking about getting a DIS-4 unit for my Lincoln Mk8 so I can control timing. Im spraying the car 75hp right now with no retard, I would like to shoot it 200hp eventually. I noticed that the begin retard rpm is 4000(lowest setting). Is there any way that I can get it to start lower, or retard to a preset on a signal? Does it matter at lower rpms? The car has a 3000 stall converter in it, so it will probly always be that or higher when the spray kicks in. Is this the unit for me, or should I try something else?
    The car has essentially the same ignition as the 96-98 Mustang Cobra, and the same motor, the 32v-4.6L.
    Dave
    MM3-N USN CVN65

msdtech13 Guest

HwyStar

The Lowest retard setting on the DIS-4 is 4000 rpm. However MSD is going to release an updated version of the DIS-4. This new MSD Ignition Box the DIS-4 plus, PN 62152 will feature an instant retard via wire. Meaning you hook up the designated wire from the MSD unit to the nitrous solenoid. So as soon as you turn on the nitrous the MSD Box will automatically retard the timing to the desired amount. This MSD DIS-4 plus in schedule to be on the market the end of March. To install this unit on your vehicle you will also need two MSD Tach/Fuel adaptors, PN 8912.

Msdtech 13