Thread: Msd 6a Install

jaster Guest

I am Planning on buying msd 6a, and blaster ss coil for my '72 GMC Sprint (350 v8, slightly bored and milled) I called tech support, and they mentioned I might run into problems with my distributor - The engine was rebuilt 3 years ago, and I *think* it has electronic ignition, but I'm not sure - what problems could I run into if its currently stock/"boring" ignition?

Also, I have a sunpro tachometer, as it didnt not come with any oem. Would I be best to get another tach, or the tach adapter?

msdtech4 Guest

Sir,

There should not be any issues with the stock ignition and the MSD box. It will either wire in using one of the two trigger points depending on the type of distributor it is. As far as the tach that is really up to you. the adapter will make the sunpro tach function but if you want a better tach with out the adapter I would recommend an Autometer tach.

Thanks,

MSD tech4