Thread: Mill the flanges flat!!!

SolidT Guest

Default Mill the flanges flat!!!

Got a set of you hooker comp. headers over the winter, as i stock up my parts in the snow-covered garage to assemble when the weather is nice like it is now, before the drag racing season begins in my region. Problem being that after I lined your headers PN: HOK-2451-1HKR (through summit) up against my new heads; I find that theres a good eighth of an inch off from being flat across all the exhaust openings. I would like to know why they arent straight to begin with.. Im not bolting them up to my nice new heads without this machine work being done. They need to be milled nice and FLAT. This annoys me. I suppose my question is; is this normal??

SolidT
    Yes 1/8 of a inch is normal and within spec. You shoudl have no problem bolting them up and the headers sealing.
    Thanks
    Eric H