Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V5 Firmware

As a follow-up, I haven’t received response from tech yet. Also haven’t heard from Luke about my ECU. UPS confirmation says it was delivered yesterday morning around 8:30am, and I remember Luke saying it would be super fast turnaround time. Not looking like that’s the case. Was hoping I’d have it back by Friday. Not looking good. Either way, as I get info, I’ll share

Spoke with Holley tech today. Learned a few things. My ECU was DOA. They sent a replacement out today. Comes with V4 not V5. No explanation as to what happened to my ECU other than they think it was a fluke and ECU just didn’t like V5 update. Odd.

Rep I spoke with today said Vista or newer Windows operating system required for V5. Really? Not mentioned anywhere. Absolutely not a single line posted about requirements. I’m thankful for the replacement ECU. Wish I knew what happened. I can’t see how loading Global File fried my ECU like it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Justspeed View Post
    Rep I spoke with today said Vista or newer Windows operating system required for V5.
    Thanks for the update. I thought that might be the case. Even Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I mentioned in conversation that Holley needs to put more effort into communication. Simple text file included in V5 bundle that states system requirements, and any other helpful information.

New ECU arrived today. Was actually in a retail box sealed up. Only thing with ECU was a communication cord which is the screw on type I had to spend like $50 for. Surprised it was in the box. Anyway I put ECU back in truck. Connected laptop and synced my Global File to ECU and did TPS Autoset. Fired up and ran fine. Oddly enough, I still have the TPS issue I mentioned in another post (LINK). Handheld & laptop both read full sweep of TPS with key-on/engine-off. Start engine and TPS shows a max around 5% on handheld and laptop. I just don’t get that issue. I have to get this solved before I can drive again. I’ll pass on V5 until I purchase a new laptop. Might just give me a reason to buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Justspeed View Post
    Oddly enough, I still have the TPS issue I mentioned in another post (LINK). Handheld & laptop both read full sweep of TPS with key-on/engine-off. Start engine and TPS shows a max around 5% on handheld and laptop. I just don’t get that issue.
    The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be V4 or V5 version compatible (LINK). You can't mix V4 with V5.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

All V4. Removed V5 from laptop and using V4. Handheld shows it’s V4.

Then it seems like an RFI issue. Any spark plug wire or high voltage wiring near the TPS sensor? Does it happen with the air cleaner removed?

I had the same thought. This issue popped up prior to trying V5 firmware and getting new ECU. In the week and a half I waited for ECU, I spent time going over things. There are no plug wires close to the TPS sensor or its harness. I didn’t think about the air cleaner. I’ll actually have to remove it and see if anything changes. The air cleaner assembly is new, so I’m now curious if maybe it’s causing the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12