Thread: Air Shifter with two different shift points.

Default Air Shifter with two different shift points.

I've been running my air shifter with 1 RPM shift point for 1-2 and 2-3, and it works fine. I now want to have 1-2 triggered at 6200, and 2-3 triggered at 6650 RPM. I don't have a speed sensor or a driveshaft sensor. I tried just using two different RPM triggers, but 1-2 would end up triggering 2-3 by the time the shift actually occurred. Playing with the output tabs and reading some other posts, I think I'm getting close to figuring it out.

1-2 Shift:
    Configured as a PWM− Output.
    Switched Input Trigger - This input is enabled when my 2-Step rev limiter is disable (transbrake button released).
    Linked Outputs - None.
    Timer - Active .35 seconds, Repeat selected with inactive time 30 seconds.
    PWM Setup - RPM vs Time, 100% Duty Cycle at 6200 RPM from 1.00-2.00 seconds.
    Attachment 3729
    The timer repeat function will prevent the shifter from being trigger again during the run regardless if the parameters of RPM vs Time is met again.

2-3 Shift:
    Configured as a ground Output.
    Sensor Input Trigger - This input is active when the RPM is over 6650, deactivated at 5600 RPM.
    Linked Outputs - None.
    Timer - Active .35 seconds, Repeat selected with inactive time 30 seconds.
    The RPM window will keep the input trigger active for the rest of my run, but the timer repeat function will make it inactive for 30 seconds (will not shift again). Will this work?

Why not use two separate outputs and two relays?

Do you have an example? I used two RPM Outputs and had issues triggering the 2-3 shift.

Get two relays and wire them in parallel, so either one will activate your air shifter. Then use two separate outputs. The first output & relay would do your 1-2 shift, and the second output & relay would do your 2-3 shift. When I say separate outputs, I mean two separate trigger wires from the ECU that you Pin Map for the appropriate output type. Then on your 1-2 output, have it active at your set RPM with a timed output, and deactivate at 2000 RPM. Then activate your 2-3 shift at the set RPM with a timed output, and deactivate at 2000 RPM.

I have two separate outputs going to the same shifter wire and set them up for different RPM for the 1-2 shift & 2-3 shift.

How much RPM does your engine rev after the 1-2 shift is triggered? My 1-2 set at 6200 revs to 6700 before RPM drops. I want my 2-3 at 6650 and it revs to 6700 before the RPM drops. My problem is the 2-3 shift gets triggered immediately after the 1-2 shift.

Did you try putting your 1-2 shift trigger RPM to 6000?

If you have a "timer" like N2O Timer etc., you can set the outputs to enable/disable, at any RPM, after launch.