Thread: 2-Step stops working intermittently.

Default 2-Step stops working intermittently.

Drag car, LS7, 58x, running HP EFI. Transbrake was first wired direct through the button on the steering wheel, then to the transbrake solenoid, the line lock solenoid, and then a 12V Input to the ECU to activate the 2-Step limiter. Problem started a while back the rev limiter would not work, and it would just stall to the converter the line lock & transbrake have always worked properly. Just no 2-Step it sometimes would flutter off & on too. Added the transbrake protection module from Holley and no change there. Added a delay to alleviate any potential voltage drop to the ECU, and same deal, no change there still intermittently loses 2-Step. Have also updated to latest firmware and that also as was mentioned in a previous thread. So my next step is to change the input to a ground signal and use a relay.

Nothing? I installed the relay and used a different input channel programmed for ground input and it seems to be working for now. I’m more interested in knowing what went wrong? Anyone out there have any input?

Could be voltage flyback from the solenoid damaged the input. The relay should prevent that from happening again, if that's what went wrong. There are also flyback reducers sold by Lingenfelter and others that can prevent this if you don't want to use a relay.