Thread: Wiring harness selection help needed!

Default Wiring harness selection help needed!

Hi. I have a Gen 1 SBC that I'm converting over to MPFI & CNP. I'm in need of some help selecting the best wiring harness for my application. Here's the setup:
    -Holley HP EFI
    -Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT Intake Manifold
    -90mm LS Throttle Body and Electronics
    -LSA Injectors (EV6 Connectors)
    -Stock LS D585 coils & sub harness mounted on top of the valve covers.
    -Holley 58x Crank Trigger Kit
    -EFI Connection Cam Sync
    -Stock LS MAP Sensor (located on the right rear of the manifold).

I’m looking for a nice clean installation. Open to modifying a prebuilt harness or going with the unterminated one if I need to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A Holley HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit for a 58x LSx application (LINK) should work well for you.
    Most people find this document very helpful:
    http://documents.holley.com/efi_sele...chart62914.pdf (Holley HP & Dominator EFI Component Selection Guide)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you very much! One thing I forgot to mention, is that I have a Drive-By-Cable throttle body. Does that change your harness recommendation?

No, because that's a completely separate wire harness. See Step #6 (Optional):
    http://documents.holley.com/efi_sele...chart62914.pdf (Holley HP & Dominator EFI Component Selection Guide)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

You posted in the HP section. If you plan to use the Drive-By-Wire, you'll need a Dominator ECU. I have a SBC with MPFI & CNP. I started with the universal MPFI harness.

Also, the HP ECU only has four Inputs & four Outputs. If you need more than that, you'll need the Dominator ECU:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...useanddiff.pdf (Holley HP & Dominator ECU Differences)

Hello. I'm in the process of finishing up my installation mentioned above and have a question. I'm running the Holley 60-2 crank trigger kit and the EFI Connection cam sync unit. The harness I'm using is the Holley LS2 558-103. The LS2 harness is configured for 5 Volt Cam/Crank sensors. Will this work OK with my Holley crank trigger and EFI Connection cam sync, or do I need to re-configure those two sensors to use 12 Volts as shown on the LS1 558-102 harness?

Those Crank & Cam Sensors are +12V. http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #6)