Thread: Problem with fuel?

Default Problem with fuel?

I'm running the Stealth Ram on a 350/290 SBC. It has been running for 3 or 4 years. I had a water leak
    at the front corner of the intake. Removed the intake and replaced the gasket. Everything is set just
    like it was original. Idles good. IAC right around 2 - 3 %. When you increase the throttle it backfires through
    the throttle body. It also doesn't want to rev up. Seems to be hunting for fuel or ? Timing has been triple checked.
    10° initial and locked down. 15° at idle. 25° and steady at higher RPM. Kind of at a loss what to check.
    Please help! Allen

Could be a vacuum leak on the intake gaskets.

I second the vacuum leak. Biggest clue was it called for way more fuel in the Learn Table. Even at idle.

I've checked the vacuum, and it's 12" & steady at idle. The spec for this engine 10-12". Allen

This is my 1st try at a datalog! My old brain is not what it used to be. I'd appreciate someone giving them a look and see if I did it right and what might be going on. Allen
    Attachment 3609
    Attachment 3610
    Attachment 3611
    Attachment 3612

SOLVED - Fuel pump was going bad!