Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holley Sniper systems without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    This makes me nervous.
    Same here. That is what I expect NOT to happen, and why I want to replace my carb.

Cool

The way I see it is, if the car is running good with a carb just leave it alone. The carb is so simple to setup and less to go wrong. I haven't touched my carb in 9 years. Yes, you can tune the Sniper for better fuel economy, but I only drive it in the summer up here, so I don't really care about the extra 1 MPG, LOL. I just want to get in pump the pedal twice, turn the key and go. Sometimes simple is better. Not slamming the Sniper, but I need 2 Sniper ECUs to get my friends cars running again, but Holley won't sell them to me. Now they each have a $1600.00 (Canadian dollars) paper weight. Come on Holley, sell us the ECU to get Sniper going again!!!
    Last edited by Joey.S; 09-20-2018 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    My plan was, if I do a Sniper, to replace all those sensors right up front with quality parts.
    So WBO2 sensor, TPS & IAC? I had my first Sniper die (stuck injector) and I'm just waiting for my current one to have something happen to it. I wish I could just run it without looking at the handheld every two seconds, so nerve racking.

You shouldn't have to buy spare parts ahead of time. It's a poor product that shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

About a thousand miles so far, still running great.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatsoaked View Post
    You shouldn't have to buy spare parts ahead of time. It's a poor product that shouldn't have been sold in the first place.
    No problems with sensors here, even after 5000+ miles. Well, the CTS read 20°F too low, but that was a cheap fix.

Lucky you. I got less than 200 miles on mine before it died. It may be the handheld, it just reads no data-file not found, etc. Doesn't matter. I've lost what little confidence I had in it. Hopefully, I hear from Holley soon for guidance. I've already pulled it and put the Edelbrock carb back on. Runs great and I'm not afraid of being stranded now.

Mine ran perfect for first six months (3000 mi) then the handheld went out. Replaced under warranty. 1000 mi later the dreaded pegged (35.5) WBO2 sensor. Replaced with new sensor. Ran well for about a week, then same thing. Sent everything back to Holley right before warranty was up. Returned to me with clean bill of health. Installed and looked good for a week then pegged again. So I put a 3rd WBO2 in it and it ran perfect again for another 3000 mi, now it's pegged again. Put it in open loop and car runs perfect. So at this point, I've decided a carb is going on it in spring. More headaches than it's worth. I'm 50 years old and this is one of worst purchases of my life!!! If you have one, I say good luck. If you don't, I'd look elsewhere.

7000 miles out of it? LOL, I got about 200. I drive my truck daily. I can't afford to spend that much time/money trying to make this thing work. My Edelbrock FI had zero issues, drove great, no tuning and lasted 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish1 View Post
    Mine ran perfect for first six months (3000 mi) then the handheld went out. Replaced under warranty. 1000 mi later the dreaded pegged (35.5) WBO2 sensor. Replaced with new sensor. Ran well for about a week, then same thing. Sent everything back to Holley right before warranty was up. Returned to me with clean bill of health. Installed and looked good for a week then pegged again. So I put a 3rd WBO2 in it and it ran perfect again for another 3000 mi, now it's pegged again. Put it in open loop and car runs perfect. So at this point, I've decided a carb is going on it in spring. More headaches than it's worth. I'm 50 years old and this is one of worst purchases of my life!!! If you have one, I say good luck. If you don't, I'd look elsewhere.
    Did you install a WBO2 heat sink bung extender? Having three WBO2 sensors break, makes it seem like it's not the throttle body.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast