Thread: Downgrade to V4, can't get Digital Dash to downgrade.

Default Downgrade to V4, can't get Digital Dash to downgrade.

My first LS swap & EFI experience. Other than a old BDS over a blower a bunch of years ago, which was nothing like this. I'm trying to remove V5 from the Digital Dash in my case to install V4? Story is loaded Dominator with V5 firmware as well as V5 on the 7" Digital Dash. Found out that V5 would not work with Nick Williams DBW. Downgraded Dominator to V4, but can't get dash to downgrade. I successfully updated it to V5, so I think I have seen how it works. It won't pick up the V4 file at key on/dash boot up, or if I go in and tell it to update. Nothing else on my flash drive other than the two files, but I don't think that matters because the original update to V5 had other files on the flash and it took. I even put the V4 on my flash unzipped and tried it that way without success. I know it's not downgrading it because still shows a conflict at bottom of the screen during boot up, and it does not add "installed" in front of the file name on the flash. I also verified in the dash. It says it's running "SW version 5.0 build 5 HW rev D2". Got to be something I'm missing. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Files I'm putting on flash:
    fw-dash-4.0.36.tgz
    os-dash-4.0.36.tgz
    I'm going to try and put V2-3 on it later and see if it takes then i can update it to V4. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I guess everybody is as baffled as I am. She's headed back to Holley I guess. They tell me they've seen issues with some dashes not wanting to accept a firmware downgrade. I've tried everything I know. Hopefully they can get it back to me in time for LS Fest.

Did they ever figure out the issue with not being able to downgrade the Digital Dash firmware?