Thread: Holley Commander 950 Firmware Update, How To

Default Holley Commander 950 Firmware Update, How To

Hello. I need to send several Commander 950 ECUs for firmware updates. What is the address or contact information to where they should be send to get this done? Thank you.

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Hello Danny and thanks for the fast response!
    I'm going to send the ECUs to Holley, but could you try to help me clear up some possible problems I'm currently having?
    Here are the symptoms of the three (3) ECUs:
    ECU #1 Firmware V3
    • Was working perfectly.
    • Hunting down a fuel pump problem forced us to use ECU #1 using 8 mid (not low, not high) impedance injectors with the injector driver box disconnected for a while and very high opening times in the fuel map until the problem got worse and the car didn't go any further.
    • After that incident the fuel pump got replaced, a new injector driver box was purchased and ECU #1 will work fine, BUT it's having trouble enriching the fuel mix. It wont enrich the mix sufficiently no matter what opening values I throw at the fuel map.
    • The engine is sputtering.
    • A visual inspection of the electrical components show nothing burned, no smell or nothing in particular. Everything looks spot on.

ECU #2 Firmware V3
    • Works fine, but for some reason in the fuel map the cursor wont pass the first row of the MAP value even thought the window shows clear MAP readings. Engine will rev up and the cursor will go from left to right across the RPM, but it won't go up, it stays in the first row.

ECU #3 Firmware V1
    • Works fine.
    • It seems not to respond well to the fuel map values I put in it.
    • I'm using a Laptop with the latest software.

The wire harness in the car has been inspected, everything looks A-OK.
    The only thing "new" done to the harness was installing a new 5-pin injector plug to be used with the injector driver box, in the process the the position of the four (4) injector wires could've been interchanged, but not the positive, that one is clear. That shouldn't be a problem right? After all it is a batch system right? Thanks.

OK, I spoke with Skyler today. These are the instructions in order to send the ECUs to Holley to get the Firmware updated.
    Send to:
    ATT: Woody Warren
    Holley Prodructs
    1801 Russellville Rd.
    Bowling Green, KY 42101
    270 782-2900 (Tel)

• Each ECU Firmware update is $50.00.
    • If the ECU is bad you still get charged $50.00 bucks.
    • Timeline is around 3 weeks.
    • Holley will send the ECUs back using UPS, no extra charge.
    • You need to provide a note inside the shipping box with your name & telephone. Once the ECUs are ready, Holley will contact you.