Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let me help you with Injector End Angle.

Right! If I ever come across a BBC doing lean cruise, I will pass it on to you. But it seems like 16 AFR is the ticket, and however much advance it needs. Looking at your spark table with a range of 29° to 37°, I would say you could get away with more advanced timing than most single coil setups, as long as your rotor is phased correctly. EDIT: I would not be surprised if your engine needed something like 45° for lean cruise.
    Last edited by allan5oh; 07-10-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks for putting all of these in one place. I'm going to try my hand at S2H's step. Also 81TransAm's initial tip-in problem is something I've experienced since putting the Holley HP in, and haven't been able to tune out. Hopefully going through some IEA testing my results improve over the standing 0°, I've been running since day one!

Quote Originally Posted by BenBoosted View Post
    Thanks for putting all of these in one place. I'm going to try my hand at S2H's step. Also 81TransAm's initial tip-in problem is something I've experienced since putting the Holley HP in, and haven't been able to tune out. Hopefully going through some IEA testing my results improve over the standing 0°, I've been running since day one!
    You can try it on your own, or give me an email. Everything I do is documented here with examples, and my spreadsheet is available.

Thanks Allan. I'd take you up on it, but I don't have any current datalogs to send along with my tune. I do have a question on:

I'm also going to do a few things with every Global File I get:
    1) Add AE MAP FUEL & AE TPS FUEL under internal inputs, so you can see how much fuel these add in your datalogs in lbs/hr.
    Maybe I'm just missing it, but how & where are you adding these in?

Add I/O individual config if it isn't there.
    Click on I/O.
    Enable two.
    type as "internal".
    Name them AE TPS FUEL and AE MAP FUEL.
    Click on Configure.
    "Source" drop down.

They're in there, MAP RoC FINAL & TPS RoC FINAL or something like that. The last two that start with Fuel_AE.

There's also a ton more in there you can add, depending on application.

They show up in your datalogs & Strip Chart, under edit views scroll to the right. When datalogging, what I like is adding those two and total fuel, plus AFR. Scale the fuel ones the same. Then it's easier to tell where and when you need less or more AE fuel. Keep in mind there will always be lag with the wideband O2 sensor.

Thanks! I didn't realize I could add things like that to the datalog!

Yeah, I added a whole ton of wideband O2 sensor stuff, and others mostly for diagnosing if something goes wrong.

Here's Mr. Brickhouse before & after. No trickery. Just straight AFR same scaling on the left side and same time segment (about 300 seconds). Notice how much better AFR is on the after. This is during throttle transitions mostly.
    Attachment 3380 Attachment 3381 Attachment 3382 Attachment 3383

EDIT: He went from ZERO IEA across the board, to my Advanced Tables.
    Last edited by allan5oh; 07-12-2018 at 12:14 PM.

That looks nice, and it's mostly from IEA tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBoosted View Post
    That looks nice, and it's mostly from IEA tuning?
    It is only IEA tuning. That's it. Not a single other thing. This can all be verified with the publicly available datalogs here:
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...rget-AFR-Table
    No trickery with scaling on the Y or X axis. Both are 12-18 AFR & 300 seconds long. I'm an honest person.
    EDIT: I have to add, probably 50% of the files I receive IEA is zero. But even guys that don't have 0°, we're seeing improvements
    just not as much. I'm waiting on the results of an engine that has 500 lb/hr fuel injectors & 0° IEA. He runs 157 in the 1/8th.

Here's higher resolution versions: https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...9#post69288969

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast