Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Let me help you with Injector End Angle.

Allan5oh, are you still working your magic? Here's a cam card for my 500 cid Mopar if you want to give it a try. I read this thread and did some experimenting with the Injector End Angle table, mainly focusing on idle. I got it to do so really well while turning its jet pump 900 RPM at the boat ramp. Just curious how close I am to your numbers.

Attachment 3636

Attachment 3637

Those numbers are OK, but give me an email with the tune at: simonson.supertuning@gmail.com. I will still build IEA tables for free.

How fast time goes by. Finally drove it after 2.5 months, still runs pretty good. I should have datalogged it. I have to look at the Learn able and see what it did. Hopefully drive it some more now that the weather has cooled down. Any new revelations?

Not really no. I still do it for free or this post, the one on YB, and Facebook disappear. I actually don't even bother asking for feedback any more, just a datalog to make sure it's working. That's how confident I am in how much better this is than everything else that is out there. The data collecting has stopped. I think honestly the formula is about 70% or 80% the way there. Much more than I originally thought. To get it the rest of the way involves more complicated math that I'm not willing to do and HC testing in the exhaust pipe. I have a meeting with Holley scheduled for Monday, hopefully that goes well. I'd like to be able to hand off everything to them.

So does that mean you just need the cam specs & tune files? No datalog? I might give this a whirl.

No datalog is really needed. A datalog afterwards is nice though.

The attached file has V4 files and the cam card. Thank you. Engine has ported L92 heads (LS3) and a FAST 102R intake. I don't know the actual distance from injector nozzle to the cylinder. I just assumed 5.5 inches, which is a number I saw for LS1 in a thread somewhere on this site.

Here's two files. The IEA one is just IEA tuning. The spark is the IEA plus what I think you should run for spark in the idle area. To run that low you'll need to open your throttle body a lot. It's worth it, trust me. Try it out.

The meeting with Doug went very well. He certainly is receptive to my theories on this, it's just a matter of making time. He's obviously very busy. He did let it slip that there was one employee who was really focused on the IEA stuff, but that employee no longer works there. So I guess it's kind of like a project being half done and just left? It's hard for someone else to pickup on it where he left off. I can tell some of the math is very good in their calculator, but the math could be perfect, it's the target that matters. I think I have the target right, but the math isn't quite there.

I think he got a kick out of me explaining things to him. I just do that for everyone, assume that they don't understand. I showed him a few other ideas that he liked as well, and shared my sheets.

He has a stock stick 1993 5.0L (those exist!) that he's going to dyno with my numbers when he has time. Not sure if a dyno is really the right test, but maybe he can do a sort of timed rolling start from a really low RPM? An exhaust sniffer would really help too. I think it's mostly the low RPM transitions that IEA tuning will help. It seems like the stick guys notice it the most.

Hi Allan. I've been doing some tuning with my knock sensors. I have it running very well on 89 octane. Next spring, I want to see if I can get it to run on 87 octane. So that brings me to my question. Next time you are talking to someone from Holley can you ask about getting some more features for the knock sensors? It would be great to know which cylinder was doing the knocking. Example: If it was the same one every time, you could tune just that cylinder.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast