Thread: Fuel gauge not working with new Sniper EFI Master Kit on '68 Dart.

Default Fuel gauge not working with new Sniper EFI Master Kit on '68 Dart.

Hello. I have installed a Holley Sniper EFI master kit (fuel tank & plumbing) on a '68 Dart. The fuel gauge is now not working. It was working previously. Wiring all looks good. I'm not sure the Ohm range for the Sniper in-tank sending unit, but is there something else I need to do to make this new fuel sender compatible with the OEM gauge? Thanks!

I just looked at the '68 Dart wiring diagram. It's just a Dark Blue wire from the sender unit to the gauge. No funky special regulators (like in a Ford). So you need to measure the Ohms of the old sender.

I took the fuel sender out of the old tank and tapped the lead into the existing wiring (dark blue wire from tank) and the gauge works. If I measure the rheostat range on the bench, it looks like approximately from 82-12. It looks like the Holley tank kit for the '68 Dart is a 73-10 ohm sender. I confirmed the ground and gauge lead are connected. Not sure what is up.
    Last edited by MorePwr; 07-04-2018 at 09:34 PM.