Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V5 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by tabasco813 View Post
    Is there a trick or a special place on the SD card that the new firmware has to be?
    See page 32: https://documents.holley.com/199r10751rev1.pdf (Holley EFI 3.5" TSLCD Instruction Manual)
    If page 32 isn't clear, use the laptop to update the ECU firmware.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)

I'm updating from V2 0.0.587 to V5.
    In some cases, users had to update to V4 first, and then to V5. Try this.
    Also, ensure you're downloading the correct EFI software/ECU firmware.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Finally made some progress, but it was painful. I figured out the file structure and put the V5 ECU firmware in the right location. It still didn't work, either from the SD card or the laptop. Apparently, you can't go from ECU firmware version 0.0.587 directly to the latest V5 firmware. So I downloaded V2 from the support site to my laptop and upgraded the ECU to the latest V2 firmware. Then I downloaded V5 and updated again to V5 firmware in the ECU. That worked and I had V5 on the ECU. Now the problem was that the 3.5" TSLCD display had V4 from the factory and that was not compatible with V5 ECU firmware. I downloaded V5 Display firmware from Holley's support site to the laptop, put it on the SD card, and tried to update the display firmware. It came up with a CRC error and said "corrupted file". Repeated the whole thing again with same results. I finally found that on Holley's support page the V5 display firmware download file has a date of 1970 on it. Doubtful. Maybe this is where the corrupted file problem starts? To make this work I had to download the full V4 EFI software to my laptop and update the ECU firmware to V4. Now, finally, both the display and the ECU are at the same firmware level and everything works. Hopefully Holley can fix the corrupted V5 display firmware download and we can update to V5 soon. Might be worth a tech note that you can't go directly from 0.0.587 to V5 directly to save others similar frustration.

Thanks for the tip Danny. I didn't see that until just now, but I bet going from 0.0.587 directly to V4 instead of V5 might have worked also.

Quote Originally Posted by tabasco813 View Post
    Thanks for the tip Danny. I didn't see that until just now, but I bet going from 0.0.587 directly to V4 instead of V5 might have worked also.
    You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12