Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V5 Firmware

Default V5 Firmware

Not sure if I just screwed things up, but I watched a video on how to upgrade to V5, but it was for Sniper and I have the Terminator. When I went through the steps, I could not find SD contents for Terminator on the Holley support site. So I used the Sniper SD contents. In the video it says to copy Global Config File to desktop which I did. Next it says to delete contents on SD card after finishing the steps and I chose upgrade ECU message comes up no Holley file found. That is why I'm uploading Sniper SD card contents. Is this going to mess things up?
    Last edited by 71sport; 06-16-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: duplicate

I think you already "messed things up". The Terminator EFI doesn't use anything pertaining to the Sniper EFI. Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) for the proper Terminator files.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

I haven't uploaded the Sniper SD content completely. It's at 3% right now. Can I remove the card or turn the ignition off or will it brick my ECU?

As long as you're not into the 2nd stage of the BAM File Loading, you can still reflash the ECU again. If it fails during the 2nd stage of the ECU firmware update, then it needs to be sent to Holley to be reflashed at their end.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

So I've flashed my ECU using my laptop back to V4. Reinstalled my saved Global File started up and ran fine. Now I installed the V5 firmware, went to reinstall my saved Global File and I get this error message: ICF version error global ICF version5, hefi4.

Your ECU is V5 and your Global File is V4? They need to be the same. With your laptop not connected to the ECU, open V5, then go and find your saved V4 Global File. Open it and a pop up will open telling you your Global ICF needs to be updated. Just keep hitting OK. Then you can load it into the ECU.

The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be V4/V5 compatible (LINK).

I'm trying to update my Terminator as well, and the LINK to get the Terminator files didn't work. Where can we go to get them?

Terminator ECU or 3.5" TSLCD? The Terminator ECU is an HP ECU (same thing).

I've been battling this as well. Bought a new 3.5" TSLCD display, had no problem downloading version 5 to my laptop and was able to put the display firmware on the SD card and update it. For some reason I can't update the ECU firmware. I have it in root and every folder on the SD card, and it still says "No File Found" when I try to update from the SD card. If I try to update from a laptop the V5 software doesn't sync and gives an error message. Is there a trick or a special place on the SD card that the new firmware has to be? I'm updating from V2 0.0.587 to V5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast