Thread: In-tank Fuel Pump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default In-tank Fuel Pump

I'm thinking of installing a Holley 19-165 in the tank of my '71 Ranchero to go with my Sniper EFI system. The problem is I can't find anywhere that has the installation instructions. I have searched Summit, Jegs and the Holley website. I can find the buy it tab, but no link to any instructions. The problem with the '71 is the fuel outlet is angled from the side of the tank and not on the top, so I need to know how to install the flat pump mount on a ribbed tank and how high above the pump the fittings will stick up, so I can check my clearance. Any help appreciated. Greg

The side tank mount is the same as in most Fords. The Police versions used in-tank fuel pumps, for high speed runs. So if you can find the sending unit for a Police car, all you have to do is change the pump. I've been looking for about a year now. If I find two of them. I'll let you know. If I find one, then it's mine.

Sounds like a plan. I don't mind drilling a hole for a new setup and using my old sending unit separately. But I can't find out how high above the tank the new pump fittings will stick up, or how to make up for the fit of flat bottom of the new pump to the ribs on my tank. Really don't want a leak back there. You would think Holly would publish some info on this. I just don't want to spend that much money and find out I can't use the unit. Greg

Judging by the pump, this will be a port injected setup? If so, you need some kind of baffle setup in the tank to make sure the pickup never gets uncovered. Running a pump like that dry will hurt it, and several times will kill it. Are you using a tank that's intended for an in-tank pump?
    Rich