Thread: Can someone look at my datalog?

Default Can someone look at my datalog?

OK so about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I was up in the hills, my system when lean and maxed out AFR. Then died, tried starting and it would stall a few times. Thanks to Danny, I got it to run to get it home. I called Holley and tech wanted me to send a datalog, so I sent some and he got me to change a few things in the IAC settings a bit. I did a SD card update on the firmware and started fresh and it idled a lot more steady when cold, instead of trying to stall. OK now I have it Learning again. I went for a small drive to see how it was, and was running pretty good and then all of a sudden my AFR maxed out then dropped down then back up. I hit datalog as soon as I could, and this is what it was. Can someone give me a idea why it's doing this? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iMi...ew?usp=sharing

Always post your Config File with your datalogs. It helps to see your settings & tables. But if I had to come up with a theory as to what happened, I would say it was a fuel delivery problem. Your CL is maxed out and your fuel flow is very high at this point. The only way it could be lean with this much fuel flow is if the pump sucked air. How is your pump mounted and where is the fuel pickup in the tank? Is the tank baffled?

Does the fuel pressure remain consistent at 58-60 psi?
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8356#post88356 (Holley Sniper EFI Fuel Pressure Tester/Gauge)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Always post your Config File with your datalogs. It helps to see your settings & tables. But if I had to come up with a theory as to what happened, I would say it was a fuel delivery problem. Your CL is maxed out and your fuel flow is very high at this point. The only way it could be lean with this much fuel flow is if the pump sucked air. How is your pump mounted and where is the fuel pickup in the tank? Is the tank baffled?
    I'm not sure on how to get the Config File? My pump is mounted right in front of my tank, and the pickup is coming off the factory pickup tube on sending unit. I don't have a baffle. Both times this had happened, I was kinda idling around. This time I was coming down a hill. At the bottom of the hill, it started to level out, so I geared down to keep RPM up and to keep it running. I just got a email alert from UPS that Holley is dropping off a package tomorrow, so it might be a new WBO2 sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Does the fuel pressure remain consistent at 58-60 psi?
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8356#post88356 (Holley Sniper EFI Fuel Pressure Tester/Gauge)
    I'm not sure, I'll have to look at that, Danny.

(383cj, please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

How much fuel was in the tank? Does it do it on a full tank? I still think you maybe uncovering the pickup in the tank. I had that problem with anything under 1/2 tank. This is what I finally went with to eliminate the problem: http://nastyz28.com/threads/ls1-fuel...n-tank.228464/

OK, I put a gauge on my inlet and it looks like it reads about 64 to 65 psi. 81 TransAm, I'd have to say about half a tank of gas, as my gauge does not read true.