Thread: Holley hp 750

Default Holley hp 750

i recently purchased a hp main body kit part #134-300c,iam using the base plate off my old 750 dp and im using the fuel bowls as well,the metering blocks are quick fuel billet blocks.For some reason i have a bog now when i mash the pedal to the floor then it picks back up,i have 31 squirters on the carb,and i tried 35's with no luck.any help appreciated.If you need more info on my motor combo i will be glad to provide

I do not know what the blocks you are using are calibrated for. They may not be set up properly for your application. It may be best to try your original metering blocks to see if this may cure your issue first.

Make sure you have the mixture screws adjusted properly. It soulds like a accelerator pump issue. If you went to a 35 and it did not help, you can try to add a hollow screw to it. You can also try changing the pump cam to the #2 position. If this does not help, you may need a more aggresive pump cam or a larger squirter.

1972 Rally Nova
    1972 C-10 Short Step
    1970 Rally Sport Camaro
    1986 Chevy Silverado K10
    2009 F150 Lariat

Should i use the hollow screws on the primary side or both primary and secondary?What will changing the cam to the #2 position do?Iam currently using a pink cam in the #1 position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2-RY...D7BFF0&index=8 (Holley Tech - "Accelerator Pump Cams" video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiRIfcrc2yA (or view it here)
    You can use the hollow pump discharge screws on both pumps.
    Also, ensure that the slightest movement of the throttle lever, results in actuation of the accelerator pump lever. That spring loaded screw may need adjustment.
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 04-07-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
    I do not know what the blocks you are using are calibrated for. They may not be set up properly for your application. It may be best to try your original metering blocks to see if this may cure your issue first.

Make sure you have the mixture screws adjusted properly. It soulds like a accelerator pump issue. If you went to a 35 and it did not help, you can try to add a hollow screw to it. You can also try changing the pump cam to the #2 position. If this does not help, you may need a more aggresive pump cam or a larger squirter.
    If iam using the pink cam now and wanted to go to the next aggresive cam which color would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by BAD67 View Post
    If iam using the pink cam now and wanted to go to the next aggresive cam which color would that be?
    Holley techs any help appreciated.

I would try the black first, then the blue if black doesn't help. A word of caution, be SURE you have some (0.015 min.) clearance between lever & screw when throttle is held wide open. This is especially important with blue cam. I tore a diaphragm with the blue cam when I didn't do a thorough clearance check. THe blue cam give a lot of lift EARLY. The pink cam may give nearly the most lift, but it is spread out over the entire throttle rotation.

'66 GT-350 Original Drivetrain, Sheet-Metal, Interior, & Paint