Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IAC & idle trouble again.

Quote Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
    I had a datalog, but forgot to stop it before I turned off the ignition.
    This is a VERY aggravating feature of the Sniper EFI. I wish it was like the other Holley EFI software. Why can't it be? Activate it with a certain TPS Position and not corrupt it when you shut the ignition off?

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Measure the IAC to see which one you have. I believe the Holley IAC is a Chrysler, which is the middle IAC in the attached picture.
    Yeah, even Holley's product picture has a IAC with Chrysler part number on it. I will measure mine later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
    This is a VERY aggravating feature of the Sniper EFI. I wish it was like the other Holley EFI software. Why can't it be? Activate it with a certain TPS Position and not corrupt it when you shut the ignition off?
    Yes, I agree. So many times when I try to figure out what's going on, I just switch off the engine and yeah, there goes another good datalog.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Under your IAC Control you could try changing your Control Type to Slow to see if it has any affect. As a second test, you could disable your Idle Spark control and then lower your target idle speed to 650, then set the actual idle speed with the idle screw to 800. That way the IAC will always want to be at 0 at idle and low loads with the RPM below 800.
    Fact is, I did first set it to Slow, no effect. Then I lowered target idle speed to 600, and did not alter the actual idle, it was set to 750 RPM. Now it seems better, my idle issue hasn't appeared again - yet, and I have driven my car a lot today (it's our constitution day today, so have to show off my car of course).

The other issue, I suspect it's a combination of two issues, is the one that the IAC randomly opens 100% and sucking all air it can through the idle venturi, and RPM is skyrocketing to about 2300 RPM. Happened only once today, so also less than before. We'll see how my idle acts some more, before I will conclude, but it is promising! Thanks for your help guys!

I can say, playing around & reverting to earlier Global Configs, and just lowering TARGET IDLE RPM to 650 RPM while keeping the ACTUAL RPM at 750 must be the solution. Together with setting the IAC to SLOW. My random high idle is now history.

Hello, sorry to drag out this subject again, but I'm trouble shooting the exact same issue:
    Sporadic TPS @ 0%, IAC 0% - no idle control (~900 RPM in gear 1500 RPM out of gear). All normal after key cycle
    Sporadic TPS @ 0%, IAC 100% - no idle control (~500 RPM in gear, 700 RPM out of gear). Comes and goes. Car drives great otherwise.

From the above discussion I understand this is not a mechanical IAC issue, although I see replacements are fairly cheap. It's a setting issue. Do I just play with the settings as per above discussion and hope it goes away or is there a more specific solution to this problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
    What version of FW are you using? The newer FW automatically saves the datalog when you shut the engine off. They changed it in build 150 so if you update your FW you won't have that problem anymore.

Thanks Andyf, I keep losing my datalogs at the end of a run 'Doh!', so need to look at the FW situation on the handheld. Below picture shows the issue I occasionally seem to be having with the idle not properly resetting (raises to 1200-1500 RPM out of gear), just as per OP issue. Since it only happens occasionally Possible some FW updates will fix which is a software anomaly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190522_080204.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	8221

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123