Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Progressive Linkage makes Sniper EFI WAAAY Better

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    (Aussie408, please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.)
    Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    What is your actual AFR at idle with the linkage enabled?
    It's showing 13.7-15.2, but it was flooding the front venturis and black clouds out the exhaust. When I disabled the setting it went back to normal.
    Just search Holley 25-54. I also just did this to my Sniper, but I had problems when I did the setup as described, so I disabled it and it runs fine.

3. ECU Configuration
    The easiest way to proceed with configuration is using the Sniper EFI System handheld.
    Note that this requires handheld firmware 1.1.7 and ECU firmware 1.0.9 (or higher.) Most
    systems shipped after March 2018 have the appropriate firmware on both the handheld
    and ECU. If you are not sure what you have, or if you need to upgrade, we’ve got great
    instructions here: https://goo.gl/srw1pr
    To complete the ECU configuration, use the handheld LCD display and navigate to Tuning >
    System > Sniper Setup and set the following parameters:
    Progressive TBI Linkage: Enabled
    Primary/Secondary TPS Switch: TPS percent identified in step 2, above.
    At this point you are ready to enjoy the new, more manageable response of your
    progressive Sniper EFI System throttle body linkage.

Just search Holley 25-54.
    I assume you're referring to the 20-54? I have the progressive linkage as do others, and you're the first I've seen with the fuel dumping issue. Also, funny that your AFR isn't showing the overfueling. I'd suggest you verify that the linkage isn't installed incorrectly, but then again, I wouldn't think that would go away with a simple return to non-progressive linkage parameters on the handheld.
    Last edited by Zmann; 05-20-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Does anyone have instructions for installing the 20-54? Doesn't seem to come with any, and I hate to "guess" on something as important as throttle linkage!

Click on the LINK (& PDF instructions) in the first post.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Now that you've taught me how to scroll on a webpage, I see there's an adjustable option as well. I just ordered the fixed version, will I be sad or is it setup reasonably well as a default?

I ordered the adjustable, but in reality I set it to the fixed length and will likely never mess with it again (it's finicky with the tiny washers & cotter pins). I think the fixed will suit you fine.

Does the progressive linkage do anything to minimize the "whistle"?

Since they were out of stock, I ordered an adjustable Holley one off eBay. Put it in and had it set at 44%. Took her out for a test drive and it ran like crap. Big flat spot between about 25% & 44%. She spits & sputters and backfires out the exhaust. AFR goes lean. It ran perfect before installing the linkage. I'm going to try and adjust it to 30%, and go from there; working my way down to 20% until I can get it to work, or take it out completely. Wondering if it was a waste of money. Engine is a mildly built 350, 375 HP, 425 TQ.
    UPDATE: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...654#post102654 (Incorrectly Installed)
    '73 K5 Blazer, built 350 SBC 375 HP/425 TQ, 12" F/18" R suspension travel. Deaver springs with King shocks, D44/12 bolt, 3.73 gears, lunchbox locker F/Auburn Posi R, crossover steering, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, Vintage Air system, PRP suspension seats, lots of custom work, all built by me.

Mine did the same when I enabled the handset Progressive TBI Linkage: Enabled set to 41%, flooded the front two. Once I disabled it, it ran fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 351C Sniper View Post
    Does the progressive linkage do anything to minimize the "whistle"?
    I don't have the whistle, so the before & after linkage I can't comment to. But I don't see how this would fix the whistle issue since that's coming from a different area and not the secondaries.
    Last edited by Zmann; 05-21-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast