Thread: HP 750 Carburetor

Default HP 750 Carburetor

I purchased a hp main body kit part #134-300C. I'm using the base plate off my old 750 DP and I'm using the fuel bowls as well. The metering blocks are Quick Fuel billet blocks. For some reason, I have a bog now when I mash the pedal to the floor, then it picks back up. I have 31 squirters on the carb, and I tried 35s with no luck. Any help appreciated. If you need more info on my engine combo I will be glad to provide. I've tried everything I know to do with accelerator pump system. For instance, changing pump cams, nothing seems to work. I looked at the data from my datalogger when this happens. It goes dead lean at the hit of the throttle, then gets rich into the run all taken from a 1/4 mile run.

Try opening up your idle mixture screws a little to see if the extra fuel will help cover up the lean spot. If it does, you could then try a smaller idle air bleed to enrich up the transfer slots.