Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ram Jet 350 Holley HP Questions

Read "USB/CAN Communications/Dongle" end of page 4, and "USB Communications" beginning of page 5:
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...reoverview.pdf (Specific updates for version V5 Build 110)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-443 (Holley EFI 558-443 CAN/USB Communication Cable)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by alan91z28 View Post
    Also, I find occasionally that it is hard to connect with the USB connection, sometimes have to reboot computer, etc., to get reliable connection to ECU through the direct USB port. Is this a more stable connection?
    I also had connection issues with V5 Build 110. I went back to V5 Build 30 and connection issues were gone.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...752#post213752 (USB Link/Online Connectivity Issues)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

So far so good. System continue to works great with most of the Learning pretty settled out now. Likely will be firming that up and tightening down on the allowed changes soon as it's driving great. Also, it was very easy to add a shift lamp output and also get speed into the datalogger.

One hint on the speed input from my experience. My '88 Camaro has a mechanical speedometer, so I needed to use a cable drive box from Dakota Digital to drive it. To power that, I used a Dakota Digital SGI-5E to take the VSS input from the T-56 and then send a calibrated 8000 PPM to my cable drive box, and a 4000 PPM open collector (OC) output (output #4 on the SGI-5E) to the Holley ECU. To configure the Holley to recognize this input I set the input config parameters to the following:
    - 5 Pulses Per Rotation on the shaft.
    - 1.0 for the Gear Ratio.
    - 25.2 for the Tire Dameter.

If you do the math, you'll see that this works out to ~4000 PPM input. Since my SGI-5E is taking into account my actual Gear Ratio, real tire size, etc., in its calibration and sending out a calibrated 4000 PPM. You need to set the Holley up to make sure it's receiving it as 4000 PPM. The combination of my parameters, I selected work out mathematically as ~4000 PPM. I know some people get confused on how this works, so figure I would post

Question on the PC datalogger capability. It seems that I can record with my PC connected without any issue; but it seems to limit itself to 12,500 frames or about 10 minutes. Is that correct?

The "Setup ECU Logging" parameters are only for internal datalogs. PC datalogging (external) doesn't use any of those parameters. Internal (ECU) datalogs are stored in the ECU. PC (laptop) datalogs are stored on your laptop. PC datalogging is sensitive to USB cable interference and/or the laptop it's used with. PC (laptop) datalogging is fixed at 30 FPS. PC (laptop) datalogging is fixed at 30 FPS. Internal (ECU) datalogging has the benefit of
    up to 100 FPS Logging Rate (EFI software, Datalog tab, Setup ECU Logging, top Toolbar).

To download internal datalogs, you must have the key-on, the EFI software in "USB Link" mode (not "Online") and select "Download ECU Datalogs" from the top Toolbar ("Datalog" drop down menu). The "clipboard" icon is not involved with downloading or retrieving internal datalogs. Also, always run Holley EFI software programs as an administrator.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information - Read "NOTES")

Thanks for the note Danny.

I guess to further elaborate, I know the PC datalogger is sensitive to the USB, but it seems like the maximum datalog I can ever get is 12500 frames of data. I've been datalogging with the PC for several months and I have numerous PC datalogs that always end at 12499 so just wondered if there's some firm end limit?

I'm going to try the internal ECU datalogger. It's too bad you can't specify a couple of conditions to trigger the internal logger and/or specify to have it once triggered to store X number of frames prior to the trigger.

Here's one example: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...6511#post96511 (Internal Datalogging by Switch or TPS, 2-Step, Transbrake, etc.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12