Thread: Sniper EFI & electronically controlled transmissions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sniper EFI & electronically controlled transmissions.

Hey guys. Does anyone have a Sniper EFI and a electronically controlled trans? I have a 347 and a 01 4r70w and I am using a quick 4 controller with my carb. Both units need TPS, however the next Holley kit that could have multiple TPS is 1800 more the the Sniper. Baumann controls said this will work: http://www.casperselectronics.com/ca...product_id=355. Has anyone on here tried it? I know the manual said don't ever share signal, but I'm not sure what would be the solution to where the Sniper can provide two different sets of the same signal. Summit Techs said this: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-377400. But I have a Quick 4 unit, not a TCI, so I don't know how this helps.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I see that you referred me to another post. But I guess what I'm asking is, how would you mount the TCI remote thing and how would it work? That's why I had two links in my post but I don't know how either of them would work, or what's so wrong with splitting the signal? Why can't a TPS breakout be used? I guess I also wanted someone who might have accomplished what I'm asking about to chime in if possible. I have to believe there's another way then going from a 1000 dollar setup to the Terminator or Dominator setup when I don't have 700 horsepower, just a transmission with overdrive.

Just get a remote mount TPS. Each device needs it's own sensor. Why? Because they're designed to just use one, and only one sensor each. Any one who says it's OK to parallel a sensor needs to be asked only one question: "Will you pay my towing bill if it doesn't work?".

I don't mind getting a remote sensor. In fact, I already have one for the Quick 4. I just don't know how it would mount to the Sniper. I guess that's my new problem. How would it tap into the throttle when there's already a sensor there?

Carb guys use the bracket on the rear of the carburetor. It's connected to the cable there.

Posting this for anyone that's looking for ideas on mounting their TPS.

Cruizin1, where did you get the mounting items along with the part that goes into the TPS to rotate the gear?