Thread: Blow-Through Turbo Maverick

Default Blow-Through Turbo Maverick

Hi guys. I just signed up to the forum and wanted some pointers for a blow through carb setup on a 350 Chevy. The engine is pretty standard with a single T04E turbo, long manifold on the left side which is feed from a 4-1 header which goes under the sump and up to the log manifold, ATM it has a vacuum secondary Holley 600. But I mainly run it on LPG with a gas ring in the front of the carb hat. I want to get rid of the LPG and just run a Holley on fuel. I was looking at getting a mechanical secondary carb, but wondered what everyone's thoughts was on the vacuum secondary carb with boost.

I already tried a few things. I modded the vacuum actuator sealed the bottom and put a fitting and fed it boost, and I had a little bit of success getting the secondaries to open under boost, but it didn't work so well. I was thinking about sealing off the actuator from the carb, and running a vacuum tank with check valve, and a solenoid & boost sensor, and at X boost the vacuum from the tank pulls the secondaries open.

So I remembered why the boost opening the secondaries didn't work so well, for anyone thinking about trying it. The boost is too strong, so when the throttle is let off, the secondaries are held open by the boost and the car keeps on going. I was thinking having it open with vacuum wouldn't be so bad because the vacuum isn't as strong at 14 psi of boost, so the throttle should shut. But after looking at a few bits, I wanted to get to modify the carb and make it a bit more tunable. I found a proper Quick Fuel blow through 650 for not much more than I would've spent modding an old 650. So I brought that instead: Just have to wait for it to turn up in the mail now, and get it on & boosting again.