Thread: New Install Timing Issue

Default New Install Timing Issue

I've installed a Dominator on a twin turbo 427 LSx motor that had an BS3 originally. With the BS3, it was converted to a 24 tooth crank trigger, magnetic sensor, and aftermarket cam sensor with a magnet on the cam gear and a Hall-Effect senor I believe. We removed a tooth from the crank wheel to make it a 24-1 configuration with the missing tooth 9 before TDC. The issue I'm having is when the engine attempts to run it sounds like it has a severe timing issue. I have run a system log and have confirmed that both crank & cam signals are being read. I've confirmed all coil wiring is per the wiring diagram for the COP, we're using the 558-117 harness. Would anyone ave any additional items to possibly check to get this thing to fire off? Would the crank trigger with the machined tooth be the problem? I see no difference in it vs the Holley 36-1 wheel, but now I'm second guessing? Thanks in advance for any help!

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

In the Custom Ignition Parameters, I have the choice of Waste Spark & COP. We're using LSx coils and I have Waste Spark as the setting. Should it be COP? Thanks Danny for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by cs69camaro View Post
    We're using LSx coils and I have Waste Spark as the setting. Should it be COP?
    Yes, "DIS Coil On Plug".
    Dwell Time - 3.5-4.5 msec (← Read end of page 3 - LINK.)

Thanks Danny for the info.
    You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires