Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiring two Derale 16925 Fans on HP/LS1.

Default Wiring two Derale 16925 Fans on HP/LS1.

I'm almost done wiring in my Holley HP EFI on a LS1 single turbo application. I had the Derale Fans hooked up to the stock computer when the car still was running the stock ECM. Looking for recommendations on how to get it work with the Holley HP. It currently uses a Racetronix harness with three relays to run it off the stock computer. Looking for recommendations on how to clean it up and get it work. Derale 16925 23.40 amps a piece. This is the harness the car currently has on it for the fans. I used it with the stock wiring harness/computer. http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FNWH-006

The Holley EFI ECU simply triggers the coil side of the electric fan relay(s).
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...Fan-Holley-EFI (Wiring An Electric Cooling Fan - Holley EFI)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So it looks like it would be easier to use the C6 PWM Fan Controller, than use the existing three relays & harness. Is ACDelco - 15-80803 the correct part number for the PWM Controller? Thanks for all the help.
    https://sdparts.com/i-24097589-acdel...SABEgLEDfD_BwE

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0372#post60372 (PWM Electric Cooling Fan Instructions)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0371#post60371 (PWM Electric Cooling Fan Instructions)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Any advice when ordering the connector from Mouser? Do they have them in stock? I wrote all the part numbers down, and was just looking for any advice before ordering them. Thanks.

You have to buy the connector in piece form (terminals/seals/body) from Mouser and then put it all together. No "kit" per se to by under one part number. That said, follow the list Andrew had put together and it will work great. It's truly an awesome setup all said & done.

I can't remember whether it was a Ford Focus or Fusion, but it uses the same module. I went to the auto wreckers and got the whole fan assembly for $50. That way I had all the plugs & wiring. I run two fans with one module.

That was my next question. Will I be able to run my two Derale fans off this one module? I just purchased the module off of Amazon. Buying the connectors now. Thanks.

My fans draw a lot of current, but they never get above 65% DC. I had them running this way all last summer without a problem. I'm using a used module to run both fans, but I have a new one in the trunk for a spare.
    Last edited by 81 TransAm; 03-05-2018 at 09:10 PM.

FWIW, I have dual Spal fans on my car along with one Ford Fusion PWM fan controller working through the HP EFI ECU. It works great and I also have A/C, which also inputs to the portion of the ECU that controls the fans.
    '57 Chevy, 327, Holley HP MPFI, 700R4, 3.73 gears, plus much more.
    '51 Studebaker Starlight Coupe, 350 Chevy, Weiand 177 blower, Holley HP TBI, TH400, Gear Vendors OD, plus much more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast