Thread: Help! 1993 Ford Mustang

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help! 1993 Ford Mustang

I have a 1993 Ford Mustang with a 306 in it, with a Vortech supercharger on it. It was dyno tuned, so it still has the factory OBD1 E CU on it. The ECU has an SCT chip on it, and if I change anything on the car, I'll have to drive forever to have it tuned again, due to the fact that no one can tune OBD1. I'm looking for a user friendly system. I'm not apposed to changing the intake, injectors, etc., but I want my gauges to work. What would you all suggest? I would love to see what the car is doing!

Quote Originally Posted by william griffin View Post
    ...but I want my gauges to work.
    The instrument dash panel in those cars is not ECU controlled.

What would you all suggest?
    Holley HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit (Universal Ford 550-606/550-606N).

Most people find this document very helpful:
    http://documents.holley.com/efi_sele...chart62914.pdf (Holley HP & Dominator EFI Component Selection Guide)
    With the Dominator EFI, everything is sold separately. Use Summit Racing's shopping cart for a total price.
    The HP ECU only has four Inputs & four Outputs. If you need more than that, you'll need the Dominator ECU:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...useanddiff.pdf (Holley HP & Dominator ECU Differences)

(Please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you for the help. I was wondering what the difference between the two and which one would you prefer? I was also wondering if there was anyway to get the tune off of my SCT chip, where I could install it into the Holley for a base tune?

I was wondering what the difference between the two and which one would you prefer?
    One has the Bosch WBO2 sensor, and the other has the NTK WBO2 sensor.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Wideband O2 Sensor Information)

I was also wondering if there was anyway to get the tune off of my SCT chip, where I could install it into the Holley for a base tune?
    I don't know anything about an SCT tuning chip.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you for the help. I was wondering what the difference between the two and which one would you prefer? I was also wondering if there was anyway to get the tune off of my SCT chip, where I could install it into the Holley for a base tune?
    There's no way to import the SCT tune into the Holley EFI software. If you have the desire to learn how to tweak your own EFI, Holley EFI is a great system to do that with. The Dominator EFI system has even more capability.
    93 Notchback, 383ci SBF, Highports, 80mm turbo, custom cam, TH400

With the kits that you've suggested, all of my factory gauges will work properly?

Default 5.0L Fox Mustang - Tachometer, Coolant Temp, Oil Pressure Gauge

Yes. The instrument dash panel in those cars is not ECU controlled. The gauges are wired to sending units, not ECU sensors.
    The Tan/Yellow wire is the tachometer RPM signal, and has a 4-wire soldered junction at S102. So connect Holley EFI pin A28 tachometer
    output (10-pin Ignition Connector, cavity "H", Blue/White wire) anywhere along that T/Y wire routing using a single Weather-Pack connector.
    https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...3#post-9099093 (Ignition System Wiring Diagram)
    Use a double Weather-Pack connector for the retained instrument panel coolant temperature & oil pressure sending unit wires (#10 & #11 below):