Thread: No Spark Condition

Default No Spark Condition

Trying to fire my Chevelle, but no luck. 632 with full HP EFI setup and already has a tune from builder and he ran it off. MSD 85551 connected to 6AL via violet/blue wire harness. Then to Blaster 3 coil with orange & black (checked they are on correct post). 6AL hooked directly to battery postive & negative with small red from key power. Pulled yellow/black wire from 271R1012A Holley harness and tied to gray wire on 6AL. When I turn the key on, I get the long blink then 5 short indicating OK, but when I turn key to crank it doesn’t flash showing ignition firing. What am I missing?Thanks.

Have you done a TPS Autoset? That has to happen before the HP EFI will do anything. Then watch the Data Monitor for RPM as you crank. Feel free to send me the tune to look over if you want (rich@efiexpert.com), but it's probably something simple.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Figured it out. When I noticed my digital screen cycled power when cranking. LOL! Wasn’t wired to hot cranking source.

Thanks for the update.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires