Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Display rebooting sometimes?

Default Display rebooting sometimes?

Not sure what's going on. I got about 200 miles on my Jeep since the Sniper EFI install, and had to send my display back awhile ago, as there was a issue with it and finally got around to hooking new one up due to have to remove my steering column. Now when I go to start sometimes, and I rev engine it reboots once in a while? I never had this problem with old display, so I'm not sure if it was cause of removing column? I'm not driving Jeep right now, so I don't know if it would do it while driving.

So the engine stays running when you rev it, but the screen turns off then back on?

Check the cable for the display. I had mine go out once, and it killed the engine. Wiggled the cable at the plug in the engine bay and all came back to life. So I taped up the wiring and supported the plug. Hasn't done it since.
    '73 K5 Blazer, built 350 SBC 375 HP/425 TQ, 12" F/18" R suspension travel. Deaver springs with King shocks, D44/12 bolt, 3.73 gears, lunchbox locker F/Auburn Posi R, crossover steering, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, Vintage Air system, PRP suspension seats, lots of custom work, all built by me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyC10 View Post
    So the engine stays running when you rev it, but the screen turns off then back on?
    Yup, engine still runs, just display reboots.

Take your SD card out and completely delete all of its contents, then re-download it and see if that helps: http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rdcontents.zip

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...dheld-Firmware (Holley Sniper EFI Incompatible 3.5" TSLCD Firmware)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I pulled my SD card, plugged into my laptop, and it says I have to format it before I go any further. It won't read it, is this normal? I had a small datalog on it, I was going to save before I wiped it, but don't think that will happen now.

Seems to me that the OP is describing the Sniper EFI itself, not the display, rebooting. It will do that when the pink wire (key-on signal) or either battery connection lose power. Recent steering column work? Could be the ignition switch connections?

It seems it's the display rebooting; engine seems to run the same when it reboots, if that makes sense.

Yes, you will want to format the SD card.