Thread: GCF, Datalogs, AFR on startup questions.

Default GCF, Datalogs, AFR on startup questions.

I have a few general questions about the Sniper EFI and how it works. The first question is the GCF. Do I have to manually download or save the GCF file to the SD card to make changes with a laptop?

Second question. I started & saved a bunch of datalogs and the SD card shows five datalogs, but they're all the same. Does the Sniper EFI erase all previous datalogs?

Also, I noticed when I first started the car, on initial startup the Target AFR when the car was cold was 13.5. Then a day later or so, I started the car cold and the Target AFR was 11.6 and would steadily climb to 13.5 until the car was warm. Is this normal? I feel like it is and the Sniper EFI is making adjustments so the car will idle cold.

Quote Originally Posted by RPnova View Post
    The first question is the GCF. Do I have to manually download or save the GCF file to the SD card to make changes with a laptop?
    No, but you should save a copy of your "known to be good" Config File on the SD card.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8883#post98883 (Holley Sniper EFI Save Config File On SD Card, LINK - Page 73)

Second question. I started & saved a bunch of datalogs and the SD card shows five datalogs, but they're all the same. Does the Sniper EFI erase all previous datalogs?
    No, see page 36: http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Help File)

...I started the car cold and the Target AFR was 11.6 and would steadily climb to 13.5 until the car was warm. Is this normal? I feel like it is and the Sniper EFI is making adjustments so the car will idle cold.
    Yes, that's the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & A/F Ratio Offset tables working.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

From my understanding, I do need to save the config file from the handheld to the SD card, so I can view it on the computer. It doesn't happen automatically or else I'm just viewing the standard files or initial Wizard files. But at the same time, when I opened up the street strip.sniper file, I could see the green overlay on the fuel graph or Learn Table. But now I can't. I might have accidentally pushed saved, but I would not have thought that would have wiped it out.

It's just odd or maybe not odd because when I open the street strip.sniper file from my SD card and then look at engine displacement, it says 350 and my engine is not a 350 so I got a little concerned. But I don't think there's anything to be concerned about until I download and save my config and view that the engine displacement which should display the correct information.

Another question I have is about timing control. I have the timing control off or no timing control, but the handheld when I'm driving shows timing that moves like I have it setup & working, but I clearly don't have timing control setup. Any thoughts there?
    Last edited by RPnova; 03-12-2018 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RPnova View Post
    From my understanding, I do need to save the config file from the handheld to the SD card, so I can view it on the computer. It doesn't happen automatically or else I'm just viewing the standard files or initial Wizard files.
    Yes, you're correct if retrieving the Sniper Config File from the SD card. I thought you were referring to the Holley 558-443 CAN/USB Dongle (laptop communication cable).

Another question I have is about timing control. I have the timing control off or no timing control, but the handheld when I'm driving shows timing that moves like I have it setup & working, but I clearly don't have timing control setup. Any thoughts there?
    That's normal. Since this is a non-ECU controlled timing application, simply ignore the ECU timing related parameters.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks for the info Danny.

Does the ECU have memory? Let's say I run the initial startup, drive the car and there's a bunch of Learned values. Does the Sniper have memory to save all these values? It has to right, because if I don't run a initial startup procedure again, it should go back automatically to the last file I used with all the Learned values.

Yes, the Sniper EFI saves the Learn Table.

Makes sense, and I can't see the Learn Table until I save it or download it the SD card, so I can view on my computer.

The EFI is awesome! The car starts like a new car when it's ice cold. I don't have to feather the gas at all. The car is very responsive when at WOT. The only downfall so far, is the hard as a rock gas pedal with two return springs. I bought a Demon 1952 throttle extension lever, so hopefully that gives me enough leverage for a softer pedal without getting calf cramps.