Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting the throttle linkage from Synchronized to Progressive.

Interesting thanks, is there a potential fuel economy benefit involved also? Do you feel 30% for transition is a good across the board number, or just what works for you particularly?

Turn your key-on/engine-off, then open your throttle until your secondary link is tight. Then look at the TPS setting and use that number.

Changed one car to a progressive link this weekend. We would up it at 41%, changed nothing else in the tune and it seems to be working quite well.

There are no direct fuel savings benefits from switching to progressive linkage. It’s primary benefit improved driveability. In theory, by avoiding the “jackrabbit” starts that are common with 1:1 linkage, you COULD save some fuel. However, that's more of a function of your driving style. With progressive linkage, the primary throttle blade is the ONLY one that opens when you first press the accelerator pedal. But, after 30° of travel, the secondary blade starts opening at a faster rate, so they both reach 100% at the same time. The 30° that you enter into the System setup for progressive operation is simply letting the ECU know the opening rate is not going to be linear (as with 1:1 linkage); it will be “progressive”, slow initially and then fast.

Hello. Yesterday read this post and today checked my linkage. My the secondary start open at 24% of TPI. Tomorrow change to 'progressive' and '24%' blend and try.
    Does switching from 1: 1 to progressive involve modifying the AE curves vs. TPS Rate of Change, AE TPS vs. Coolant Temp & AE Correction vs. TPS? My curves:
    Attachment 3151 Attachment 3152 Attachment 3153

The simple answer is No. I made no changes to these tables. I simply went back into the Wizard (on the Touchscreen) and selected Progressive instead of Synchronous. I even used the default 30% value for the opening point. (The Help said 30% was typical for a Holley throttle body.) I then simply saved the change. If the Wizard made any changes to those tables, I didn't see it. The car started immediately and drove much more smoothly right away.

Follow-Up: I just looked at my latest Global File and, to the naked eye, the tables look identical to the ones you posted. (Truthfully, I had to look around to find them. I haven't had a need to modify them.)
    Last edited by 347Capri; 05-21-2018 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Follow-up

I'd just like to take a moment to thank the OP for this thread. I just bought the Holley 20-122 kit from Summit to install on my Terminator Stealth.

After a couple years since this thread was made, can anyone recommend a specific TPS % to adjust the secondaries to start opening at? I have a T-56 Magnum and I'm looking for optimal street cruising in town with all of the city stop lights.

Like does anyone recommend 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%? Just as a starting point of course for me to dial it in from. I'd like to be in the ballpark to start out with. Thanks!

It's not a choice. It's whatever progressive linkage adjustment that brings the secondary throttle blades to WOT simultaneously with the primary throttle blades.

Ah, I see. So I go WOT and adjust the rod until the secondaries are 100%, THEN see what TPS% the secondaries start to open at and just use that %. Thanks!

Correct, because you probably don't want to mess around with drilling new secondary linkage position holes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12