Thread: 2-Step setup & use.

Default 2-Step setup & use.

Has anyone wired and used the 2-Step function in the Holley Sniper EFI? I set mine to Input #2 wire on the harness, and enabled it through the touchscreen, and set the RPM to 3400. Tried wiring it through a switch to ground and nothing. Then disconnected the switch and touched the Input wire to ground and nothing. Ideas?

Also, what is the retard launch option and what are the advantages of that? First build for me and so far everything is running great. Will be installing the dual sync distributor this weekend. Thanks in advance!

I'm using the 2-Step. Check & make sure the ECU is seeing a solid ground to the #2 Input (yellow), and that it's enabled in the software and it will work. The launch retard is to pull power out on the hit, so you do not spin.

You say enabled in the software, via a laptop or in the 3.5” screen?
    Great explanation for the launch retard. Any quick pointers in how I go about setting it up? Or links? I’d hate to just start keying in numbers and jack something up.

You go to Rev Limiters > Rev Limiter #1 > Enable > enter the RPM > select #2 Input. I cannot remember if you can do this through the touchscreen. If you save your current tune, you can always go back to it if something is not right.

Yes, I'd save the current Config File to the SD card (LINK - page 73), just in case you want to revert back to it.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8883#post98883 (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires